Turbo NSX

The other night at our Club meeting, Gerry Johnson showed up with his Turbo NSX, he did all the work himself and I was quite impressed with the workmanship of all the improvments he has done. from his fixed headlights, lexan/scoop engine cover,
all the plumbing for the turbo and exhaust.
His shop is Performance Autoworx in Modesto.
I'm not sure if he reads these posts or not,
but I think we shall be hearing from this guy a lot in the future.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

Yep, I tried to post on Tuesday to this forum using as subject heading "430+ RWHP Drive' but it never accepted .......

After months of promises from Gerry that he will attend one of our meetings, he finally made it worthwhile. Al and I lurked around long enough that we got a chance to take a ride with Gerry (who does read these once in a while). All I can say I was awed and made sure I was securely belted, both knees bent to make sure, ..... as I listened to the turbo's woosh sound after each throttle play ........ wow ...... and Gerry was primarily in the 3500-6000 RPM range and still running low boost [we got tangled with the traffic from the Kings/Lakers game] - just think of the 500+ he has once he finishes mapping the fuel ........ !

Never been in a street legal car with such HP ..... it requires an entirely different set of driving skills with razor sharp reflexes ....... some of us are past that age
frown.gif
..... just awesome acceleration with no turbo lag whatsoever ........

As always, this may not be for everyone but just another option out there for all ......

Good show Gerry.

Yes David, I did take some pics as I assembled the motor, once I figure out how to post I will post them, Thank you Hrant for the good word. I will let you know after Monday the final hp numbers when I get back from the dyno.

Garry Johnson,

I am the non-NSX owner attended the meeting last thursday. However, i do have a MDX. I drove my yellow 98 supercharged Cobra that night. Anyway, i would like to get some information where i can get a oil differential pump for my upcoming twin turbo lexus. Please email me [email protected]. Thanks

david

Back