Turbo NSX on Ebay!

did you run a Carfax Koolaid? I am considering it as a track car...is its history known here on the forum? Any thoughts?

looks to be in kinda rough shape
i would think that since he had to post the pics he would at least know that it isn't a 4cylinder:rolleyes:
sounds fishy to me also

Sometimes, ebay defaults to the cylinder size of their choice. Their programming is screwed on a lot of the Ebay Motors stuff. Especially if you have a template already setup.

He did list the VIN and there is a nice shot of the license plate. Lil detective work can go a long way.
I always ask them to send me a pic with the item and a card or something with my name written on it, just to establish if the item is truly in their possesion, then I go ahead and make sure that it is theirs.

Ask him where the car is and see if you can get someone to go look at it.
JAO

DocL said:
The picture clearly shows a V-6 in there. :eek:
Yes, it does, but we all know that there is absolutely no fraud or misrepresentation of any kind on E-bay, even unintentional!!!!!:eek: :wink: :rolleyes:

He was probably just mistaken since it's his brother's car. He also says "Come and see for yourself" so he probably isn't the typical ebay scammer. The car at least seems real, but who knows its history?

Rough shape in some areas. Dirty also. NSX represents class and this falls short. Hose off the engine bay for crying out loud. Also, take pics of the area that makes it 'different' than all the other 91 NSX's out there. This includes not just an air to liquid intercooler, but also the turbo. Certainly it can't be that difficult to photo it as they can only go in a couple of spots. Also provide specs on the mod as that is what is making this different than the other NSX's. I wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole.

len3.8 said:
Sometimes, ebay defaults to the cylinder size of their choice. Their programming is screwed on a lot of the Ebay Motors stuff. Especially if you have a template already setup.

He did list the VIN and there is a nice shot of the license plate. Lil detective work can go a long way.
I always ask them to send me a pic with the item and a card or something with my name written on it, just to establish if the item is truly in their possesion, then I go ahead and make sure that it is theirs.

Ask him where the car is and see if you can get someone to go look at it.
JAO

True dat. Look at any Viper ad and it always defaults to auto for the tranny.

No mention of what type of engine/Air/Fuel/Ignition control.
No mention of what has been done to the engine that would hold those 462 ponies inside it.
Severely lacks on details. I would think that if it's put together well, that they would want to list the details.

For future searches:
jh4na1157mt002589

It looks like Richard Holdners previous NSX that was sold about less than a year ago on Ebay. He listed it then as a salvaged title. The turbo system is the one he worked with HP on. Do your homework on this one.

Looks rough, does anyone see that the Acura emblem is upside down? its possible that the front has been replaced or damaged.

The car has a small racing fuel tank that he would run racing fuel in and he had the car dyno'ed at 462hp to the wheels!

:eek: What kind of set-up did he use? Wow :)

Seems like a legit transaction - I buy the "it's my brothers" since the seller has an ebay history and the brother might not. But I'd beware of buying through ebay because I believe that 1) listing an item and 2) making an offer to purchase represents a binding contract. However, if the seller does not own the car, the contract is void - you can't offer to sell something that you don't own. Maybe some lawyers could chime in on this concept, since this is the second "selling for someone else" NSX I've seen (the other was that "Ugliest NSX ever" post a few weeks ago).

Ski_Banker said:
2) making an offer to purchase represents a binding contract.

That is true in concept only. There are so many people out there that bid on things and win them only to never pay for them or even have the intentions of doing as such. No big deal because there is no real penalty.

You guys are good. You have good eyes when it comes to nsx. You can see little things (i.e acura emblem wrong way) or know little things that most regular buyers miss.

I know that there is usually a slight color difference between the front bumper and the body ( color adhering different to plastic then aluminum), but the color difference on the bumper of this car is definitely more prominent.

92NSX said:
That is true in concept only. There are so many people out there that bid on things and win them only to never pay for them or even have the intentions of doing as such. No big deal because there is no real penalty.

You're out of your tree. You would send a check (paypal, wire transfer, etc.) to someone you don't know for 20 grand without a binding contract???? Good luck suing the "seller" when he takes your money to Vegas. :eek: :eek:

Ski_Banker said:
You're out of your tree. You would send a check (paypal, wire transfer, etc.) to someone you don't know for 20 grand without a binding contract???? Good luck suing the "seller" when he takes your money to Vegas. :eek: :eek:

What are you saying?!?!?:confused:
Of course I wouldn't do that. I didn't say I would.
What I said is I've read so many times of people do that win something no matter how large or small and never pay for it. They just wanted to outbid everyone else for the fun of it.
Guess you didn't understand or read my post properly.

92NSX said:
What are you saying?!?!?:confused:
Of course I wouldn't do that. I didn't say I would.
What I said is I've read so many times of people do that win something no matter how large or small and never pay for it. They just wanted to outbid everyone else for the fun of it.
Guess you didn't understand or read my post properly.

My bad, you just quoted the "offer to purchase part" which i agree with pragmatically speaking. But still my point was that you shouldn't do an ebay transaction in this case because, technically speaking, an ebay transaction can't be done when the seller (the guy on ebay, not the owner of the car) can't legally contract for the item. And as "flimsy" as an ebay contract is - you'd better have it if you're trying to sue a seller for fraud.

Bid to your heart's desire, but when it comes time to settle up if you win - don't do it through ebay/paypal. Pay the real owner directly.

Back