Turbo Hayabusa Wheelie Video

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
This is a video of my friend Kevin's turbo Hayabusa from a standing start doing a multi gear wheelie to 140MPH then accelerating way past 200MPH. Watch the speedo from 140 after the front wheel hits the ground.....incredible acceleration!

Due to bandwidth concerns I'm only going to keep this link active for a few days. Either right click the link and save it to your computer or you can click the linnk and have it stream. It's a 3 meg file in WMV format.

Busa Movie

I know those things are scary fast (seen them at the drag strip before.) Do they all come with turbos?

That's an incredible video - it takes some major huevos to wheelie that fast. It doesn't look like he is going anywhere near 220 mph if you look at the cars in the opposite lanes and the speed that the stripes are going by...optical illusion?

That's the most insane thing I have ever seen......forget the wheelie look how fast the speedo needle sweeps past 170mph!!! It looks like it's never going to stop accelerating. He has to have hit at least 230mph, do you know his actual top speed?? Plus how stable is that bike above 200mph??

Do you think the video is legit, or could it be guages recorded on a dyno with video of the road 'dubbed' in behind?

The white lines on the road just don't seem to be flashing by fast enough for 220+ mph.

Do you think the video is legit, or could it be guages recorded on a dyno with video of the road 'dubbed' in behind?

The white lines on the road just don't seem to be flashing by fast enough for 220+ mph.
Seems like a lot of tedious video editing just to make a motorcycle video, plus look closely at the speedo, you can see the rider’s reflection in the gauge. He looks like he is bouncing slightly, and leaning as well, it really looks like he is going that fast. I think the lines, and cars moving past are just an example of poor perception of speed due to video taping

mikec said:

The Hyabusa and the Honda XX were in a top speed challenge a couple years ago. each one would try to claim the top speed...it was pretty insane for awhile...

When I have been 150+ on my bike a few years back, it seems to me the lines were going by a heck of a lot faster than in this video. They almost looked soild through about 50ft ahead as I recall... I dunno if they stripe roads different or what...

Hayabusa's speedometer pickup is off the front sprocket (not one of the wheels) so if the bike has been regeared, things could be off a bit.

I've run mine up to just over 195 mph (geared a little taller, so that's close to accurate) and it was very stable. As long as you stay down behind the windscreen its suprisingly quiet too.

Best part is the gearing. You can go 75 mph on the freeway in first gear, and you've still got 5 gears left :)

The video is legit. If you've never ridden a Hayabusa you won't understand. The speed and acceleration are in a totally different world than anything automotive. When you turbocharge one and have 400 horses you're really in another world.

Check this out, Kevin is going for a land speed record which is currently 250.00694 MPH!

Last edited:
looks real enuf to me. You can definitely see the driver looking to the right to see if traffic is clear before he gets on the freeway. What you may not see (cause of the wheelie-angle of the cam) is my Nsx streaking by him at 200+ mph.

I can give a little information here based on experience:

The road he's running on is US 27...I have been on that road doing 150mph+ in the NSX and the lines don't look like they do on the turnpike. Maybe they're spaced out further or something??? On the Turnpike, at 140, they become a solid line. On 27, I can't seem to get them to run together! :)

SICK ass video none-the-less!!! That thing accelerates faster from 140-200 than my NSX does 0-60! lol

Tom Larkins said:
Madness, a human scab in the making !

no steering damper on that thing, is it really that smooth ?

The Busa comes with a factory steering damper under the triple tree. Most people have modded theirs' with heavier weight oil.

I do agree that it is madness.

I've seen this video before and never questioned it, but now I wonder...
Look at the oncoming cars at the end of the run when the speedo still says 100 MPH...they look like there going 60 mph . Strange.
Long white lines wouldn't affect that I wouldn't think.

Back