Tulsa NSX owners

Hello.

I just bought my first NSX after following and wanting one for about 18 years. I am sure that many of you from Tulsa will be familiar with the car that I bought yesterday. '97 black on black from Tulsa all stock except for wheels. I have only got to test drive it twice and that was before I bought it yesterday. As you know, the weather has not been good enough for me to pick it up yet. It kinda sucks owning the car, but not being able to drive it or even go out in the garage and sit in it.

Just wondering how many people in Tulsa have them and what kind of things does the club do?

Please let me know

Stan

Welcome to the community! Hmmm...Black/black. Did you buy it from a Dr.?

The Tulsa group is fairly active and often organizes events with the local S2k group as well. We've done dinners, bbqs, karting events, etc. There isn't anything planned for the next several months but Saturday is supposed to be in the 60's - I wonder if we could get the group to get their garage queens out and welcome you properly.

Let me know if you'd be interested. Again welcome!

Welcome, Stan! I don't have an NSX, but have driven one once... an '02... with a slipping clutch. :biggrin: I'm the Community Organizer for the local S2K group. Ponyboy (Shawn) is in an equivalent position for the local NSX group although I'm not sure if he has an official title ("Social Director" maybe?). Anyhow, be sure to give him your email address so he can keep you in the loop on future local events.

I look forward to meeting you at one of our local gatherings.

Julie

P.S. Four Star is THE place to go for service and maintenance.

Thanks for the info! I did not buy the car from a Dr. I bought it from Mike Mares. He said that he knew you and that I should get in touch with you.

This saturday is bad for me, but am looking forward to spring time.

Please see my post under tires and wheels and let me know your opinion!

Wow, that's great! Was that the car in the Autotrader ad? I'm fairly sure I saw you today at 41st and Sheridan.

I'll put together a tentative schedule for next year soon. Again, glad to have you in the community. Be sure to join the NSXCA. There are some really good members locally.

Ponyboy,

I am sure that was probably me. I know that the weather was crappy that day but I could not stand it any more, I had to pick it up and drive it. I figured that it would not hurt for it to get dirty since I was planning to give it a serious detail anyway! Kinda like a kid at Christmas, gotta open it and play with it right now! lol

It is the car that was autotrader and the owner said that he knew you or at least knew of you.

Looking forward to schedule!

Hopefully we can do something that involves OKC since "erotic pie" will be moving close the end of January. Also, one of my best friends has an '87 911 that is mint condition. I assume that he would be welcome at some of the scheduled events????

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :)

some of us from OK Speed put on a monthly autocross at the oklahoma county sheriff training center over the summer too, I'll post more info as the season gets started

most fun you'll have for $20 :D

here is the course
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...4399&spn=0.00938,0.019312&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

and here is a vid from last year to get an idea of what it's like, it more of a time attack style than an autocross, I was hitting a hair over 100mph on the faster parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu8YOejebn4

...but I could not stand it any more, I had to pick it up and drive it.

I totally know where you're coming from. Driving the NSX is like driving for the first time all over again. :smile:

Hopefully we can do something that involves OKC since "erotic pie" will be moving close the end of January. Also, one of my best friends has an '87 911 that is mint condition. I assume that he would be welcome at some of the scheduled events????

There are several owners from OKC and they've all been invited to, and attended, our events in the past. I don't know why they wouldn't be in the future. And, of course, your Porsche buddy is more than welcome.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :)

some of us from OK Speed put on a monthly autocross at the oklahoma county sheriff training center over the summer too, I'll post more info as the season gets started.

Looking forward to meeting you as well. Send me the schedule for the OKS schedule and I can gell it with Hallett and the local SCCA AX's for the club schedule in '09.

here is the schedule :)

http://forums.ok-speed.com/showthread.php?t=37207

These should hold to be pretty solid. As always if there's a change we'll try and post up at the earliest possible time. Things aren't always foolproof. There's some Sundays mixed in this year. This is what we could get so far. We are always in direct competition w/ 3 or 4 different clubs plus the sheriff's themselves.

March 15th - Sunday
April 11th - Saturday
May 9th - Saturday
June 14th - Sunday
July 11th - Saturday
August - No date...it's freaking hot. Can add if it turns out mild.
September 13th - Sunday
October 10th - Saturday
November - No date yet
December - No date yet

If the last of the year turns out to be like this year...we'll add the dates. Now there's no excuses. You have 3 months advanced notice! Get your helmets for Christmas, get some good tires, and come on out!

Thanks for the info! I did not buy the car from a Dr. I bought it from Mike Mares. He said that he knew you and that I should get in touch with you.

Wow! Welcome aboard NSX ownership. I know Mike Mares well...he was riding along with me at Hallett three years ago in another NSX I had when Shawn (Ponyboy) blew his motor there...the rest is history. I've been under the radar for 2008...got a promotion to CFO and my hair's been on fire ever since. I didn't know Mike was selling it. He's a very nice guy. Hope to meet up with you soon. Mine's a garage queen and hasn't been driving more than 30 miles in 6 months.

Tory Baker

Back