Tulsa - Detailing Day

Okay ladies and gents, we need a detail day for the NSX locals and I thought I'd host the event at my place. I'll even clean out the garage. They'll be some new products that you guys can check out:

- Porter Cable Random Orbital polisher
- Grit Guard washing system
- various soaps, waxes, etc.
- Ideal Detailing microfiber washing clothes and waffle weave towels

And we'll be going over the best methods on how to keep your NSX as pristine as possible. In addition, there'll be food and drinks as well (small donations accepted) so let me know who's coming so I can plan accordingly. I'm working on some door prizes too.

Looking forward to the event!

Date: April 26th
Time: 12 noon
Place: Pony's house

1. Ponyboy
2. Chip

Last edited:
Are out of towners welcome?

I will plan to be there.

Dan at Ideal Detailing has graciously donated some detailing products for the detail day:

- 1 elite waffle weave towel
- 2 high Q polishing MF towels
- 1 pad size high Q polishign MF towel

You can see some of the product here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115185&highlight=waffle+weave+towels

Thanks Dan!

Still working on some more door prizes as well. Looking forward to seeing some local NSXers.

Last edited:
Will there be any more people than just the 3 of us?

ScienceofSpeed has graciously donated a couple of shirts as door prizes. Thanks Chris!

blacktshirt.gif

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/sos_apparel/short_sleeve_t-shirt/

And I'll be donating a similar radiator protector from my personal stash (hopefully, I can find it):

radshielf450.jpg

Last edited:
That shirt is bad ass!

Unfortunately, we have to reschedule the detail day due to forecasted weather (The Weather Channel).

"Windy w/ scattered thunderstorms, severe in the afternoon. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds."

We can reschedule for a following day - the s2k crowd has a detail day on May 2nd (IIRC) that we can piggyback or reschedule for late next month.

What do you guys think?

I could make it to a Tulsa event. Tulsa is about a two and a half hour drive for me. I wouldn't want to travel much further.

The radiator protector is sucking me in!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we have to reschedule the detail day due to forecasted weather (The Weather Channel).

"Windy w/ scattered thunderstorms, severe in the afternoon. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds."

We can reschedule for a following day - the s2k crowd has a detail day on May 2nd (IIRC) that we can piggyback or reschedule for late next month.

What do you guys think?

That's so odd. The weather is usually so nice and predictable during the spring time in OK.

This Saturday, detail/tech day will be held at Shilling Automotive (8190 N 116th E Ave) in Owasso starting at 10am. Be sure to bring whatever cleaning/detailing supplies you use (wash mitts, microfiber towels, tire shine, polish, wax, etc).

Let me see? Clean my car, drive two and a half hours to Owasso, clean my car again, drive two and a half hours home, clean my car again. That equals about five hours of driving my car and five hours of cleaning my car. Sounds good to me! If the weather is good I say "LET'S DO IT".

Back