Tubi Rocks!!!

So I finally got my DC headers and Tubi installed last week (no alignment issues!) and I just can't believe how good this thing sounds! The only word I can use to describe it is intoxicating! I drive with my windows down all the time now, even on the highway and the stereo I haven't turned on since the install! The best part is that the sound has already improved in a big way since last week -- especially when it's around 3-4k and you ramp it up through VTEC to redline, and it just starts wailing like a banshee with a beautiful metallic tinge to it! All of a sudden I find myself trying to find the long way home and wishing my commute to work were longer, and running out for all kinds of 'errands' (although my wife is catching on hehehe). I feel like I have a completely new car with the Tubi in place. Now I know why others have put up with poor alignment and dremelling out flanges and burnt valences... the sound on this thing is just unreal! I am so damn glad Tino convinced me to pick up the 2nd last unit he had in stock last fall. There's no question in my mind this thing was worth every last penny... :D

Arshad, that is exactely my thought!

I do not have any alignment problem but even if I had... who cares... the sound is soooo good! :D :D :D So many people are avoiding this awesome exhaust for something that in reality is minor against the awesome sound.

Two years and a half of Tubing and I can't get enough!!!:cool:

unfortunately, i dont have photos..

but i would say, dont worry about the look or the problem with fitment.

that is all a lot of bs. the hangers can be bent to accomodate if need be and the sound is incredible.

i personally didnt notice performance increase, but a buddy car dealer of mine was convinced that my tubi nsx was faster than other nsx's he had driven....

but i would say, dont worry about the look or the problem with fitment.

that is all a lot of bs. the hangers can be bent to accomodate if need be

Hmm, I think a lot of people would disagree with you there. Simple hanger adjustments have not been sufficient for many owners -- and believe me, they've tried! The trend I have noticed is that Taitec headers seem to have the worst alignment with the Tubi's and DC Sports seems to have the best. I have yet to hear of anyone with DC headers complain about alignment.

I'll try and post up some pics as soon as I can find where the heck I put the digital camera...

I'm not a member of the Tubi Club but of the Gruppe M club and I've got the burning the rear valance action going on as well but who cares the noise both these exhaust makes its worth it!

I too would love to have the sound. But at $1800, it better damn well fit considering other exhausts fit perfectly and are a fraction of the cost.

-- Joe

Here is a picture from SOS
tubi_NSX_mounted.jpg

with new headers the fitment may be worse...i dont know.

i had my tubi installed with stock headers by acura dealer--they didnt seem to have much trouble getting it to look right...

Who installed it for you Arshad?
... And I hope you bring it out Monday to the car show in Thornhill.

I had it installed at Import Performance Center (recommended to me by Johnny!). I like their work.. had my springs installed there as well. I'll definitely be bringing it by on Monday.

Does the Tubi exhaust fit on the '02+ rear?

No, I don't think it does, and that is definitely one big downside to it.

Back