Trying to agree on a price- Input??

I'm sure alot of you have seen the white 02 for sale in WA with 801 miles. The dealer is asking $69k, but won't really move much. I live in DE so I'd need it shipped cross country. He said shipping would be about $1500. I offered him $65k including the cost to ship (I don't believe it's actually $1500). He said that $67k was his bottom line and I'd have to cover shipping. I really want this car, but at the same time, I can afford to be patient and wait on another (although white is my first choice). What are your opinions on what he's asking? Is my offer fair?

I'm sure alot of you have seen the white 02 for sale in WA with 801 miles. The dealer is asking $69k, but won't really move much. I live in DE so I'd need it shipped cross country. He said shipping would be about $1500. I offered him $65k including the cost to ship (I don't believe it's actually $1500). He said that $67k was his bottom line and I'd have to cover shipping. I really want this car, but at the same time, I can afford to be patient and wait on another (although white is my first choice). What are your opinions on what he's asking? Is my offer fair?

Well, sorry to say it, but you may have just shot yourself in the foot by broadcasting to the world your interest level in this one of a kind NSX. :rolleyes: I do wish you luck though - it is a gorgeous NSX.

Well, sorry to say it, but you may have just shot yourself in the foot by broadcasting to the world your interest level in this one of a kind NSX. :rolleyes: I do wish you luck though - it is a gorgeous NSX.

Sorry buy I think $69K is fair, hope it works out for you, should be a great car!

Seems like a small amount of difference in price if you really want that one. But don't negotiate the price of shipping into the deal. That lets him pick the cheapest shipper out there. Hopefully you've seen the car in person or had someone who knows NSXs to look at.

Yea...he's the only one in the U.S. to look on AutoTrader for a car....:rolleyes:

Wow, where in the heck can you find someone to ship cross country for less than $1500? I think that is more than reasonable for x-c shipping.

BTW: If I had one of the few, if not only remaining white/tan 2005 NSXs in the WORLD that had almost no miles... I think I would hold out awhile longer to. Eventually, someone will pay this guy every penny he is asking.

autorader?

there are a few shipping companies who will ship cross country for about 800$ HOWEVER, its on an open carage setup and i would not recommend it for our cars.

Since its still kinda winterish with road salt and rocks and what not, i would recommend either flying out to pick up the car and drive it home in person or pony up the shipping costs.

Good luck on your purchase.

I don't know why you'd try and dicker on something like $1500 U.S. when you'd be getting the car you really want. I tend to think people try and get the lowest price possible (good for them) but is it worth losing the one car you really want?

If I were in your shoes and knew the car is pristine, color and options I wanted in an NSX, then I'd grab it. These cars are becoming really rare in the non-common colors.

For example I'll be in the hunt for an Imola Orange NSX sometime next year (still saving) and I wouldn't blink on $1500 knowing I'd be getting the car I wanted.

Jetpilot

I thought about that but it seems as though Prime members are very educated on what's on the market and what seems like every NSX's history anyway. Plus, this car has been listed on line for 6 months.

Okay, finding a nice white NSX is hard enough in the earlier models, but it is even harder on the newer NSXs, and it will be pretty much impossible to find another newer model white NSX with under 900 miles on it and such an interesting history. My personal opinion is that if you bypass the car you really want for $1,500 you are making a huge mistake. Put bluntly, this car is worth every penny of $67,000. Buy the car and start spending more time enjoying it, and less time dickering over such a relatively insignificant amount of money.

Definitely don't let this car go. Why not just fly down and drive the car back?

All I can say is it cost me $1800 about 3 years ago to ship mine coast to coast in a covered transport. I would never allow a nice car to go in uncovered transport. I believe you might be letting personal pride get in your way. Reconsider your position-maybe they will throw in a factory car cover, trunk mat, floor mats or something to sweeten the deal for you.

I think you should pay the price and also pay for quality shipping. We are only talking a few K here. You are getting a brand new car for 15K off list and there are not any more to be had. Plus that car is rare in that color combo.

I paid almost full list and took a bath on an 05 RL which I had leased only 6 months earlier for my 05 and am happy to have bought mine new for the price. If you want to save money, buy an older one with more miles, but it won't be the same car........Steve

I called the shipping company that the dealer recommended and they quoted me $1836 for open carrier! He said they'd put it directly behind the cab of the truck to protect it from the weather. Does that sound insane? I was atleast expecting it to be closed.

Sinner-
Come on.....they will put it behind the cab.

If you want the car, (and can really afford it) don't be foolish on the shipping. Enclosed transport with door to door service. Do not fall for the, "We have it picked up and stored at our yard until it can be loaded on a transport to be delivered." BS. The transport industry is pretty slippery. Make sure you know exactly what they are going to do with the car, when they will do it. Have firm pick-up and anticipated delivery dates to prevent it taking 3 weeks to go from A to B.

Buy the darn car-it is a rare find. Pay for shipping and quit fretting over a few dollars (comparatively).

Can anyone recommend a good shipping company?

Horseless Carriage is very good. By son-in-law is the Service manager at a Bentley Dealership and they use these guys all the time. Quality and reasonable pricing. Check Google for their website.

-Wick

Intersity lines. I have had 3 cars shipped by them worked out great door to door enclosed. 18002213936. around 1500 from LA to atlanta.

There are 3 shipping companies I would choose from and Passport (recommended above) is one of them.

In fact, they were the cheapest and fastest for me shipping from Chicago to Houston.

The other 2 are Intercity and Horseless Carriage. I've used Intercity in the past and only mention Horseless Carriage due to all of the F car guys mentioning them.

Like others have said, don't use shipping in the negotiations. Arrange for your own transport company. The dealer will definitely find the cheapest means to get the car to you.
Good luck.

Back