Trunk space?

I cant find anything about storage with the exceptions of interior behind the seats.
Does anyone know what kind of cargo space there will be?
I hope it will fit 2 golf sets...

Contrary to what I expected, the Automobile magazine article apparently confirms there's storage space under the rear deck lid and Ted Klaus had described it as large enough for a couple of carry-on bags. Wouldn't bank on throwing golf club bags in there however!

Took a photo of the trunk when it was at the dealership

jEsQ90.jpg

Yes - there is a weird hump in the back that prevents the mat from lying flat. There also seems to be an access panel to the engine compartment. Dunno if some of that will be tweaked when the car goes to production or not.

Last edited:
I poked around the trunk of the two Gen 2's that passed thru Pittsburgh on Sunday night. Don't know how hard they were driven earlier that evening or how much time passed from when they parked it inside vs. when Vivan & I arrived, but the trunk walls felt kind of warm, just like my heart felt when I sat in the cockpit and gripped the fantastic feeling steering wheel.

Even though cars are getting bigger, packaging seems to keep getting tighter and tighter to fit in all the tech & safety requirements. Is amazing how big the Gen 1 trunk looks by comparison. I used to fit two mountain bikes in the hatch/trunk of my '91 300ZX but you couldn't fit a baby's tricycle in the 350Z hatch due to the stiffener bar, unless you disassembled the bike.

Last edited:
As someone put it at the Tour in MD, you probably won't be able to fit a bag of golf clubs in the trunk. It is very small. Also when sitting inside the only storage space on the interior I found useable was the glove box, and even that was small.

As someone put it at the Tour in MD, you probably won't be able to fit a bag of golf clubs in the trunk. It is very small. Also when sitting inside the only storage space on the interior I found useable was the glove box, and even that was small.

I saw a few cars in PA. I'm pretty sure you will get your clubs in there. The cavities go pretty much all the way to the sheet metal quarters. I get two travel bags in the current which I don't think will happen in the new though.

That said.... Why the hell didn't they make the hatch go wider so I did t have to fish them in there... Not very ergonomic... I love the fact I can get two sets in our cars. Good for picking up a buddy and driving in style to my next 120+ round. Hell, driving the car is generally the only part I enjoy.

The second gen is longer, wider, taller, and heavier than the original NSX, but
it has less trunk space, less ground clearance, and a smaller gas tank.
(all comparisons from Acura's published specs)

The second gen is longer, wider, taller, and heavier than the original NSX, but
it has less trunk space, less ground clearance, and a smaller gas tank.
(all comparisons from Acura's published specs)

Blame it on stringent safety regulations. As pointed out, the 350Z and on compared to the previouse gen 300ZX saw the same situation in most cases for modern cars.

Next time a life is taken in an auto accident, don't be so quick to cast blame to car manufacturers but instead take responsibility in one's or other's own recklessness. (Not aimed towards anyone in particular, it's just what I notice whenever someone dies in a tragic car accident)

Blame it on stringent safety regulations. As pointed out, the 350Z and on compared to the previouse gen 300ZX saw the same situation in most cases for modern cars.

That may be part of it but I wonder whether it's the whole story. There's more stuff in the new NSX: turbos, electric motors, ... . Changing the engine layout from transverse to longitudinal may have eaten up some length also. I get the impression Acura made performance a priority over space efficiency, and they probably did so with some understanding of what the market they were aiming for cares about.

That is a HUGE trunk. Not sure what you guys complaining about. This isn't a ford pickup truck.

Secondly, just sold my Audi R8 and that trunk was much much smaller than the NSX pictures I see above.

Back