• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group Buy True Flush Mount Fixed Headlights for Pre 02

UPDATED PICTURES AND PRICING

This is a:
Direct vendor group buy

Minimum Number of Units: 10 Sets Initial Run (Once 10 orders are confirmed the initial run will ship and I will produce an additional 10 sets that I will sell on an individual basis)

Maximum Number of Units: 100

Closing Date: August 1, 2012

Product Will Ship: As payments are received (10 sets at a time)

Payment Procedure: Deposit of $1,000 upon sign up, balance due when first 10 spots fill up and then on a one on one basis.

Payment Methods Accepted: Paypal, Money Orders, Credit Cards

Estimated Delivery Date: 5/18/12. At this point I am about a week out on having the first set to check on final fit and finish. Once they pass final inspection there is a week lead time for the first run of ten units.

Product Pricing: $2,000.00 This price includes all lighting, wiring, housings, and covers. A complete product.

Shipping & Insurance Costs: Shipping & Insurance to the Contiguous 48 States included in price. Outside of 48 please contact me first.

Signup List:

Hello Prime Members I am proud to be introducing a direct drop in replacement for pop-up headlight equipped NSXs.

These housings are plastic thermoformed in a state of the art facility using my designs and specifications. The headlight housings will come primered and ready to paint or can be left in raw plastic. The clear covers will come uninstalled for the sake of color matching the housings and will ship with bonding adhesive.

The projectors utilized are Bi Xenon HID projectors that will be a plug and play affair. You will only need to wire a positive wire to each of the four Philips HID ballasts.

Bi Xenon projectors are a single unit that have a switchable cut-off that allows them to function as both high beam and low beam. This means that you are able to choose specifically which lights are on at what time and whether they are low beams or high beams.

The lights can be wired to be 4 low/4 high, 2 low/2 high, 4 low/2 high, 2 low/4 high, or any other way desired. Sorry, no angle eyes here.

HID bulbs are available in 3k, 4.3k, 5k, and 6k

Newest Pictures First

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0987.jpg

IMAG0988.jpg

IMAG0989.jpg

IMAG0991.jpg

IMAG0992.jpg

IMAG0993.jpg

IMAG0994.jpg

IMAG0995.jpg

IMAG0945.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

IMAG0947.jpg

Last edited:
Imo, i think your lights need a bit of character. it just looks so plain and boring, especially for $3k. maybe could use some rounding off of the top above the 2 holes?? it's just so square looking. just leaving my feedback....

Looks un finished also , no lights in em either just a mold so far really

Looks un finished also , no lights in em either just a mold so far really

If you read through my OP you will see that I said they are at my plastics former where they are being modeled and a mold is being prepped.

The one pictured above is the initial unit that I made for dimensioning and measurement. It is a combination of bondo, fiberglass, and foam. Is it unfinished? Yes, absolutely. It was never meant to be finished.

These pictures are meant to give you a general idea of the shape and look. Not a representation of the final finish of the surface.

Neat.I know its not a finished product but will give a guy a better idea what it will look like when they are.(paint inside to match etc)Thanks and will keep watching.

Here's my 2 cents...

1) $3k is pretty pricey and it's almost double the 02 OEM headlight price (assuming they are in stock).
2) the headlights lack style/character. The projectors look too dinky and small. The high and low beam positions don't look that good when aligned together. Perhaps staggers would look better?
3) as mentioned already, the lights look too square at the stop. Not sure how you would style this to look good, without changing the hood.

You couldn't pay me to put that on my car....

I'm sure the finished product will look much better with good choice of lights, different color choice of housing or demo car. or maybe other lights accents, (angel light, audi style led...etc, I'm trying to looking at things on bright side)

I'm agreeing with most, show people a finished product that worths $3000 before asking...

cuz, right now, this look very much like a 88 probe owner would do to their barn lights... circa, Fast n the furious 1 !

The price is a tentative price. I myself am still awaiting final pricing on having these made and the $3000 range is a max price.

Please keep in mind there is a lot of time and effort put into making these work. There are lots of NSX owners that have been asking for a truly flush mount light that required no cutting or modification to the chassis and this design accomplishes that while utilizing better than OEM lighting components.

yeah, those lights definitely still need a LOT of work to be a final product. Need to be staggered IMO, the cutout for the light beam needs to wider, needs more softer/rounder lines. You could probably fit 4 Mini Morimoto Bi-Xenon projectors in a staggered pattern and change the design a bit. I know the NSX market is a small one, but even then, I don't think these should cost $3k, not with the direction you're going with the design. If you can get them to look similar to the 02-05 headlights, I think you'll have a winner. Of course you don't have to worry about including the turn signal in the headlight housing.

IMG_5945.jpg

I'm intrested in seeing the final product as well. But on a side note, I'm sure other members like myself would like to see the process of building these so we'll know the quality of work we're getting for 3ish grand.

Not feeling it. Just doesn't look right. Maybe you can look into puttting some rectangular headlights in there instead of the 02+ bug eye headlights. Look at the lambo diablo 6.0. The popup headlights were replaced with the nissan 300zx headlights and i think they look great.

The actual beam pattern will be very important to NSX owners. I wouldn't put these on my car but just trying to help you.

Talk to these guys http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and they'll get you setup with the proper projector setup with the proper lens and beam pattern.

From the looks of your housing the beam pattern will be very vertically narrow.

Good luck

Don't know if you want honest opinions but not a chance I would ever do that to my car.

Yea, I gave up on that venture a while back after the realization that the original hood line/ shape of headlights are just too awkward to work with. It would only look good if the headlight shape changed, which would also mean a new hood. Not saying that the original shape can't have a good design, but I do not think I have found one.

I would be more interested in a heat resistant/metal housing for the sidemarkers that are right under the headlight. I have fitted HIDs in place of the sidemarkers bulbs, not the blinkers and it actually provided adequate lighting thanks to the powerful Xenon bulbs. If one could make a new housing that aims a bit higher, it would provide enough lighting for highway driving.

I have personally tested this idea back in 2008, and burned/warped my old sidemarkers because the plastic housing is not designed to withstand the extra heat from the HIDs. This direction maintains the stock look, which looks good, but does not need to show the popups at night.

EAC, remember the flush light kits for the RX7 back in the day?

I asked for a night time beam pattern and the results were a joke.

Terrible peripheral lighting. Uber unsafe when taking a turn in the night.

I suspect that the reason why Honda did the amphibian eyes was to address that very issue...... and perhaps to make sure that the headlight height was legal.

EAC, remember the flush light kits for the RX7 back in the day?

I asked for a night time beam pattern and the results were a joke.

Terrible peripheral lighting. Uber unsafe when taking a turn in the night.

I suspect that the reason why Honda did the amphibian eyes was to address that very issue...... and perhaps to make sure that the headlight height was legal.

Yep, I had the RE Amemiya kit..... absolutely terrible. I didn't even drive at night it was so bad.

Back