Trip to Porsche dealer

Yesterday I stopped by my local Porsche/Benz dealer just for the heck of it. I just wanted to look at some of the 911's (they had about 8-10 in various trim) as I have a buddy who is looking at them. I get out of the X to check out a red '99 C2 (I think) with a GT3 rear spoiler, but no badge on the back. It was a nice car, but P-cars have never done it for me.

Instantly, a passing couple in their 50's started smiling ear-to-ear at my 'old' 1995 NSX-T. (I didn't even have the top off because of the heat). The man was enthusiastic and clearly into cars, asking several questions that I kindly answered while the lady was just awestruck. So here we were in a sea of dozens of brand new MB's and Porsches--some triple the value of my car--and my 9-yr-old NSX steals the show.

When comparing my red car to the red P-car the gentleman pointed at mine and said "now that's what a supercar should look like."

(PS - no salesmen came out to see if we needed help or had any questions since that may have caused perspiration!!).

(PS - no salesmen came out to see if we needed help or had any questions since that may have caused perspiration!!). [/B]

I would assume the salesman wouldn’t approach you because they had no cars to offer that were better than the one you drove in.

Great story!

Exactly one of the reason’s I have such a passion for the NSX although both Porsche and Mercedes make excellent cars, non-compare to the design of our NSX! No matter where you take the NSX, it is always a showstopper!:)

I know people at my local Porsche dealer and they will not come out either unless you request it. They don't want to jump all over you. I personally prefer it that way. You can't even drive into a Toyota/Chevy/Ford/Honda lot without some guy /woman putting out their cigarette and approaching you before you even exit your car. I guess it is because they know that in many areas there are not multiple dealerships so you have to deal with them unless you want to travel.

Hehehe great story. I drove down once to the local Porsche dealer, park the x right in front and went to look at a 996 turbo the dealer saw my car and just chucks me the keys. I couldn't believe it but had to knock it back, had an appointment to go to.

ANOTHER great NSX story, they never cease! You know you read in automobile reviews how the NSX design is dated or "old", heck it doesn't seem like that riding down the road in my X :D And the NSX IS how a "supercar" should look IMO dated or not

"dated" is something i was thinking about today...Many people do say that the NSX design is dated, but looking at the Porsche 911, I think that is basically the same design from the late sixties but no one says that it looks dated. Its not that i'm bashing porsche, i like them, but they say, look, we have a design that is right and pleasing...why change? I think that The NSX shape is timeless and perhaps a change will come with the HSC, but when the formula for pleasing asthetics is there, time doesnt matter.

Dated design? No Way! Never Ever! EVER!

The design of the NSX was phenomenal for the early 90’s, only the Lamborghini and Ferrari came close to it in appearance. It had taken the Corvette eight years to catch up and copy it.
Not being an engineer, I can’t imagine how you could improve the appearance. Personally I prefer the look of the older NSX’s than the new models "Front end". I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that people can’t tell the difference between my 91 and a 99.

Obviously; NSX owners are a bit bias but, what other sports car comes close to the design? “Especially” from the drivers seat. There is no better esthetically designed dash! Name one under $50K!

It’s not out dated and never will be!

Back