Trim Rings for Guages

I am inerested in adding silver/chrome rings to my instrument cluster gauges- how difficult is it to get to them- may also update the instrument background as well.

thanks

Rich

I am inerested in adding silver/chrome rings to my instrument cluster gauges- how difficult is it to get to them- may also update the instrument background as well.

thanks

Rich

They are a gorgeous addition to the cluster I am currently having a set installed with some other work at umbrella auto design. you can order them as well as the billet knobs and other trim rings from Scienceofspeed.com, while you are there you should get the carbon bezel. They go great together! good luck make sure to post p finished work :p if I get mine back before you I will post it up for you too :)

let me know if you want them.
i have them for sale.

102_7504_copy.jpg

its pretty easy to install.

11497102_6486_copy1.jpg

11497102_6490_copy.jpg

11497102_6488_copy.jpg

They are a gorgeous addition to the cluster I am currently having a set installed with some other work at umbrella auto design. you can order them as well as the billet knobs and other trim rings from Scienceofspeed.com, while you are there you should get the carbon bezel. They go great together! good luck make sure to post p finished work :p if I get mine back before you I will post it up for you too :)

Thanks-

I agree its a great combo- just trying to see if its a DIY project. Turbos, superchargers and stereo upgrades to not phase me but I do not want to fool with removing the Dash- i am sure its easier than that.

Rich

Last edited:
Thanks-

I agree its a great combo- just trying to see if its a DIY project. Turbos, superchargers and stereo upgrades to not phase me but I do not want to fool with removing the Dash- i am sure its easier than that.

Rich

took me about 15-20 because I never did it, most important is remove the harness plugs before trying to pull out bezel you can break stuff easily if that is not done first

took me about 15-20 because I never did it, most important is remove the harness plugs before trying to pull out bezel you can break stuff easily if that is not done first

What he said ^ - the plugs are green and you can't miss them. Here's my unpolished rings with white gauge faces.

gaugesandwheel.jpg

Here's mine:
n690446223_1692543_5194.jpg

One of the simplest, most elegant mods you can do for the car. I left my bezel and gauges oem since they look great as they are already (the brushed titanium finish is hard to improve upon IMHO). I got mine from SoS.

that is the MOMO tuner 350 - same as the NSX-R
momo retail is like $220, Honda's retail on it is like $700
i just put the NSX-R horn button and trim ring on mine.

i now carry those trim rings for sale a long with all the matching billet door accents and door lock pulls. i'll post up pics soon.

So I have the billet ones from SOS, do I need to remove the original black rings surrounding each gauge first? Anyone ever make a DIY on this? Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I just finsihed this install myself, total time was about 3 hours including removing gauge cluster and all.

Back