Tragic Accident at Santiago Canyon. A group drive went bad.

This was also discussed on the MR2 board. Is this true that those guys raced against each other in the canyon? If it is, then they were tempting fate. Canyon runs are fun, but you have to know your limits - that is why i always check traffic and wait for the rest of the guys in the rear to show up by pulling over to the side in the front. Much safer that way!

NSXSAN said:
This was also discussed on the MR2 board. Is this true that those guys raced against each other in the canyon? If it is, then they were tempting fate. Canyon runs are fun, but you have to know your limits - that is why i always check traffic and wait for the rest of the guys in the rear to show up by pulling over to the side in the front. Much safer that way!

They were not racing. The red M3 was trying to catch a black M3 that was way ahead. I don't think the black M3 driver is too blame.

OMG!!!!

I was on that road earlier in the day testing out my new Bilstein and sway bars. It was a pleasure drive, not really pushing the car, but it's just weird to hear that something happened on the same road i was on just a few hours later.

Back