Trackmasters at Watkins Glen

I assume from my observations that this Trackmasters event is non-competitive correct? Are the speeds limited?
Thanks
JJ

VintageracerNYC said:
I assume from my observations that this Trackmasters event is non-competitive correct? Are the speeds limited?
You can read about Trackmasters events on their website here. Including the part where it says, "We teach Hi-Performance Driving… not racing."

hhhmmmm... Is it me or are there hardly no novice sessions this year :confused:

jadkar said:
hhhmmmm... Is it me or are there hardly no novice sessions this year :confused:

This started last season when the IRL decided to have a race weekend and that resulted in some changes to available dates and it seems that they now went to only one novice session. Last year I lost a weekend when they switched an intermediate to a novice and then dropped an advanced school so it looks like they have "compromised" and made virtually all of them intermediate.

In deference to the senior counsel of BAP Racing, Watkins Glen is repaving the track and there will be no driving activity during this October. The Trackmaster October date is traditionally the Novice School date which was switched with the Labor Day school date for 2006. IRL testing requirements created scheduling problems in 2005 for all WGI schools and the late May date when Trackmaster usually held its second Novice School was lost.

Peter Mills said:
In deference to the senior counsel of BAP Racing, Watkins Glen is repaving the track and there will be no driving activity during this October. The Trackmaster October date is traditionally the Novice School date which was switched with the Labor Day school date for 2006. IRL testing requirements created scheduling problems in 2005 for all WGI schools and the late May date when Trackmaster usually held its second Novice School was lost.

Hmmmm.... what about the dates they normal have in May. That's when I took my novice class in 2004. I guess based on Bob's comments the "May" dates are gone (at least for novice).

The Don and I are going to head up early on Friday to go to Corning to check out the museum and hit the glass galleries as a way of reliving NSXPO 2004. We hope to get into Corning around noonish and anyone going up is welcome to join us.

For those up there already such as Peter and Gary, we will heading over to dinner at the usual Friday night spot: Seneca Harbor Station. http://www.senecaharborstation.com/ We will first check in at the Longhouse and most likely plan to be at Seneca Harbor at 7ish to give the Friday track rats a chance to make themselves look pretty.

nsxtasy said:
I'm planning to be there with Chin Motorsports May 15-16, and possibly with BMW CCA Genessee Valley Chapter May 13-14.
My plans have changed and I will not be attending either event (mostly because I am participating in track events the two weekends immediately following that one).

I'm so sorry I can't join you guys this wkend:frown: My track events will be taking a back seat,,get it:wink: to family and home:smile: I'll try to make kids day though:biggrin: I just recently got a new battery in the bee,started right up on 6 mo old gas,feels good.Gotta love Sam's club,hey the battery is recomended by nascar!! yahoo!

Back