Toyota Supercar

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7633&sid=178&n=158

"Insiders suggest the car will tip in at less than 3000 pounds, giving its 500-hp powerplant (with 370 lb-ft of torque) a serious chance at catching the likes of the Porsche and Benz supercars. Top speed could reach 190 mph"

There are pix on the site.

Sounds VERY impressive. I wonder if Honda is watching....

This is sad -- every spyshot of every new japanese sportscar is carrying the 350Z silhouette. At this rate, EVERY car will look like that in the year 2010. :(

Hello japanese designers -- more variety please!

-- Joe

350Z! I think not....

the first 'Z' like japanese car was the 1967 Toyota 2000GT. Toyota only made around 200 of these (now that's low production) :eek:

This 5000GT is a revival of that car. Early pics look more Jaguar like.

BTW if you can find a 2000GT for sale they are about 200k to 250k :eek: :eek:

Looks like the old Supra with edgier lines to me. Not sure where you guys are getting a 350Z from that shape. The car is about 1.5x the size of a Z.

long and bland curved hood, joining the teardrop shaped canopy starting well aft of the front wheelwell
canopy blends all the way to the tail where the car abruptly ends
slab sides with high beltline and doors
tiny semi-teardropped shaped side windows

Compared with the large variety of shapes we saw 10 years ago, these all share the same basic shape.

-- Joe

8592_image.jpg

2004%20350Z%20Silver%20rear%20left%20top.jpg

from the HSC / tokyo autoshow thread:
V10toyota.BMP

SKYLINE.BMP

the europeans are recycling this shape too:
TT_V6_side.jpg

side%20small.jpg

JoeSchmoe said:
This is sad -- every spyshot of every new japanese sportscar is carrying the 350Z silhouette. At this rate, EVERY car will look like that in the year 2010. :(

Hello japanese designers -- more variety please!

-- Joe

Those spy pix remind me more of the Aston Martins than anything else...

jgtcnsx said:
LIKE A CARRERA GT?? why cause its 500 hp v-10 it needs alot more than that to even be compared to the carrera gt their not in the same ball game not even the same sport. :confused:

I AGREE!

8591_image.jpg

vs

Porsche-Carrera-GT-01_640.jpg

It is like saying that the Camaro is like the NSX... afterall the power is the same! :(

Back