Toyo Tires

Ya, I would like to ask the same question.
Has anyone else tried to get Toyo Proxes T1S tires for wholesale with our NSXCA discount from Discount Tire Co? The guy I talked to said Toyo does not do that whole thing, which is why I bought Pirelli P7000's, but I would like to know if there is a cheaper way to get those Toyo's.

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

True, they don't deal with the big mail-order places. However, there are smaller dealers and misc auto retailers willing to sell and ship. Your best bet if no one can offer specifics is to search Google.

For example:
http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/toyot1s.html http://www.sportscartire.com/tire_specifications/specs_toyo_proxes_t1s_1.htm

Don't assume that posted prices are firm.

Or, check the Miata forums. They are big on the T1S.

Let us know what you find!

One more thing. Around the end of summer Toyo typically offers deep discounts on performance tires. Watch their web site and stay in tough with a dealer. If you catch wind of it this summer, please post it here.

Toyo dealers -- updates ?

There are some other threads on this as well, mostly for the RA-1 R-compound tires.

I suffered a rear (passenger side) blowout driving home on west-bound I-94 from the CGI event at Gingerman yesterday, and now need some REAR T1-S Proxes (265-35-18), and decided to update this thread.

1010tires.com has them -- see http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Toyo&tiremodel=Proxes+T1-S

I've used these folks before, and was happy with the value/service.

###########

from another thread...

Try Vilven Tire in IL -- 800-251-0017

I've found their prices are better than TireRack and shipping is included in their price. They sell Kumho and Toyo among others. Ask for Bob Vilven.

Unfortunately, they don't have a website, but you can also try reaching them at [email protected]

====================

A longer list of dealers, focused on RA1 tires, can also be found here...

http://www.nasaproracing.com/news/toyo_dealers.pdf

Last edited:
nsx1164 said:
1010tires.com has them
1010tires.com is based in British Columbia, Canada. Depending on where you are located, you may need to pay duties and/or high shipping costs.

My posts in the topics linked above (thanks, FN!) show where each of the various dealers listed is located.

Frisby Performance Tire in Gurnee, IL, has great prices on T1-S.

You can find them and other Toyo retailers at www.toyo.com

Only thing I can say is "buy local". I recently purchase some Toyo Proxes 4's. They weren't to my liking, so I used the 500 mile trial offer. Got all my money back, so I ordered some T1's. I figured I could return them if I didn't like them. If they weren't purchase locally, I would have been without a car while shipping back and forth. My local Americas Tire matched online prices for me and ordered them in, since they don't usually carry them, even though they are an authorized dealer for Toyo. Online tires has some great prices to compare to.
Good luck,
John ;)

nsxtasy said:
My posts in the topics linked above (thanks, FN!) show where each of the various dealers listed is located.
A great list and reference. Thanks.

ANYTIME said:
Only thing I can say is "buy local".
< snip>
Online tires has some great prices to compare to.
Thanks John, FN, Ken, Ryan, etc...

I absolutely agree with "buy local" in most cases, particularly when it becomes important for your dealer to go to bat for you.

Having just said that, I've had good experience with Toyo Customer Service when I had a defect-related failure on my (non-NSX fitment) T1-S Proxes last fall, and they made good on their committments.

############

Thanks for the link to onlinetires.com -- I've used them in the past too, and they have some of the better prices. In my case, its $180 / tire for the 265/35-18 that I need, plus shipping.

From my (limited) experience, many local shops will not match "online" pricing, although they might match another shop's "sale" deal when they can.

Back