Toronto area NSX owners?

Hellooo eh! :D

At the end of this month, I'll be visiting the Toronto/Oakville/Mississauga area for a few days. Since I'm a active NSX owner that tries to participate in every local get together, just thought I'd see if there is anything planned for the end of this month? If so...I'd love to come out, hangout. and see some of the Canadian NSX'es!! ;)

I should be there the last week of July. If there is anything happening, please let me know... :D

Regards,
- Z

Great! I hope I get a chance to make it! I will be in town for about a week for a wedding.

btw, I was born in Toronto and still visit almost every year. :D Love the weather in the summer time, freeze to death in the winter! ;)

Regards,
- Zishan

The meet at Woodbine Acura will most likely be on Aug 21. If the weather is decent on the Monday you are here(been rained out 4 Monday's in a row) some of the local NSXer's could gather at the Thornhill Cruisers show and shine but it's on the other end of town.

Johnny

Hmm, I'll be back in Houston by then. Any how, keep me posted if there is a meet/hang out at the end of this month. I wish I could extend my vacation to August 21st, but I don't see that happening! :( :p

Regards,
- Z

Ooops, sorry for some reason I was thinking it was beginning of August :(

We can always do a separate get-together end of July. I'd like to hook up before the Woodbine Acura BBQ, and we can plan something for late July...

Ok guys, I'm in town and have been all around the place! Staying in Oakville, but cruising out to Bramnton/Mississaga area. I have the week pretty tied up with family stuff, but if you would like to meet for coffee/drinks in the area, it would love to.
My only real free days are going to be Wednesday/Thursday evenings. :)

Regards,
- Z

btw, where are all the NSX's?? I hear they are extremely rare. Although, I've seen tons of Ricers....

I live in Mississauga and will be glad to join you guys. Downtown Oakville is nice along the Lakeshore (Just pick a place and let us know when and where). Anytime after 6:30 ~ 7 pm is good since traffiic into Oakville is awfull.
Daria

Yeah after 7pm is good. Let's hook up for dinner or coffee/desserts or whatever. Thursday night works better for me, but I can do Wed too. Daria, if you know the area, can you recommend a place to meet?

I should be in the Mississaga area on thursday, just let me know were to meet at.
Later Brian

How about the Square one area. On City centre drive across the street from Square 1 theres a irish pub called Falite's. They have good beer and good food and a big parking lot so no one will complain about us taking up to many spots?

Just a suggestion.

Johnny

Guys, I just signed up for a track day at Shannonville for Friday and I'm leaving Thursday night. That means I can only hook up with you people on Wednesday if you wish.

A new funky place just opened up downtown Oakville called Jam Martini Bar. It's located at 221 Lakeshore Road East, (1 and 1/2 blocks west of Trafalgar).

If Brian is doing the drive from Windsor on Thursday, the Irish Pub near Square One suggestion Johnny had seams like a good one.

I'll let Zishan decide 'when and where' since he's the out-of-town guest.

Ok, I think Wednesday will work the best. But please dont go out of your way for me. I dont want to cause anyone any inconvenience. You all pick the place and I'll be there. But somewhere nearby, or I'll get lost! :D
9 ish? For coffee/drinks? Just tell me where and I'll be there.

Take care,
- Z

Ooops, I thought we were doing Thursday so I have something else planned for tomorrow night. I might still be able to make it, but I'll probably be late. Let's stick with Falite's in Square One.

Ok everyone, I'll be at Ontario Place for most of the day. It closes at 8 so I'll meet up after that.

I was free Thursday, but they made plans to go to the drive thru, something we don't have in Houston. That was suppose to be Tuesday night, but those plans got re-arranged due to weather.

So, I will meet everyone at Falites in Square One? I should be in a fixed up charcoal grey Prelude.

Take care,
- Z

I also thought we were going to plan for Thursday. I have plans for tonight until 9-9:30pm and my NSX is in the shop. If I get the car back today, I'll try to leave early and meet you guys at around 9:00pm

Johnny

I'm going to aim to be there around 9pm, I'll meet you guys in the parking lot or inside. I'll be in a red NSX...

EDIT: Is there a phone number or address for this place? I can't seem to find anything on Canada411. I guess I'll just head down to Square One and drive around ;)

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I spelt it wrong.

It's Failte's Irish Pub
201 City Centre Drive
Mississauga
(905)276-2212

It is across the street (south side of City Centre Drive) from Square One shopping near the Tim Hortons. I think its a blue building and the pub is on the first floor. You'll see the big patio when you pull in.

My car was not ready today, so I may not be able to make it. I will try my best.

NSX2NV said:

My car was not ready today, so I may not be able to make it. I will try my best.

Johnny,

I was actually looking forward to seeing your NSX!!! Oh well, if you can make it, bring the Benz, I love that car just as much!!! :D

See ya,
- Z

Hey Brian, are you here for the weekend? If you brought your NSX down, I'd really like to hear your Tubi. Even if you didn't bring the car, I'd like you to listen to my exhaust to see if it sounds right. I have this rattling at low RPM's on my Tubi which I don't think is normal and wanted to get your opinion on it.

Anyways, if you're free any time this weekend, let me know and we can hook up. I should be available pretty much anytime ... days, evenings, whatever.

I didn't make it up this week, my car was giving me problems.
It is going back to the shop on Monday, ever since I had the motor rebuilt I have had this rattling sound on my Tubi.
I am thinking it is my heat shield on my cats, I should be in your area in a few weeks I will let you know before I come up.
Pm me if you need some more parts, the wife wants the house cleaned up.
Later Brian.

Hmm, interesting, yeah I think mine might be the heat shield on the cat as well. At around 1250 RPM or so, the Tubi itself vibrates (where the gurgle occurs), and I think the heat shield might be loose or something. I'm thinking of just tossing the heat shield altogether. As long as I don't park over grass, it shouldn't really matter should it?

Back