Top Ten dumbest things Bush said

from torrentspy.com

Top 10 Dumb Things Bush Said in 2004
In Politics, submitted by scienott on 10/17/2005 6:57:17 PM

#10: "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me." -Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

#9: "Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." -Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

#8: "Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat." -Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

#7: "I want to thank the astronauts who are with us, the courageous spacial entrepreneurs who set such a wonderful example for the young of our country." -Washington, D.C. Jan. 14, 2004

#6:"We will make sure our troops have all that is necessary to complete their missions. That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental - supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel." -Erie, Pa., Sept. 4, 2004

#5: "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week - we will have an all-volunteer army!" -Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004

#4: "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a - you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

#3: "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." -second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

#2 "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." -Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

#1: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...uhhh...won't get fooled again.

I believe it was this quote which he prefaced it with something to the effect of "I'm not sure if you've heard this, but we have this saying in Texas..."

:D

Yeah this is a classic:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Since i am from Wisconsin......let me add another one that Mr. Bush said here:

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

followed by this.....

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the—the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
—Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."
— Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

followed by this.....

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

----------------------------------------------

We all know bush likes give nicknames to his cronies... I mean friends... heres a list of a few

Joe Allbaugh Big Country
Fred Barnes Barney
Max Baucus Maxie
Tony Blair Landslide
Barbara Boxer Ali
Martha Brant Martita
Michael D. Brown Brownie
Frank Bruni Pancho
George H.W. Bush Poppy
George W. Bush Dubya, Bushie
Laura Bush Bushie
Carl Cameron Camarones
Andrew Card Tangent Man
Paul Cellucci Cellooch
[censored] Cheney Big Time
Jean Chrétien Dino (as in Dinosaur)
Susan Collins Sweet Susan
John Cornyn Corndog
Candy Crowley Dulce
Mitch Daniels The Blade
Tom Davis T.D.
John Dickerson [censored]
Maureen Dowd Cobra
Dianne Feinstein Frazier
Barney Frank Sabretooth
Bill Frist Fristy
Rich Galen Richie
Alberto Gonzales Fredo
David Gregory Little Stretch
Stephen Hadley Hads
Dennis Hastert Speak
Pete Hoekstra Pedro
Karen Hughes High Prophet, The Enforcer, Hurricane Karen
Tim Hutchinson Hutch
David Jackson Action Jackson
Lee Jackson Action Jackson
Ted Kennedy Senator
Pete King Pedro
Mort Kondracke Morton
Dennis Kucinich Mayor
[censored] Kyle Stretch
Ken Lay Kenny Boy
Larry Lindsey Thunderbolt Lindsey
Mitch McConnell Mitchie
Mark McKinnon M-Cat
George Miller El Grande Jorge
Ben Nelson Nellie, Benny, Benator
Colin Powell Balloonfoot
Vladimir Putin Pootie-Poot
Condoleezza Rice Guru
Karl Rove Boy Genius, Turd Blossom
John Rowland Johnny
Bill Sammon Super Stretch
Olympia Snowe The Big O
John Sweeney Congressman Kick-[censored]
George Tenet Brother George
Tommy Thompson Double T
Fred Upton Freddo
Ann Veneman Bullets
Paul Wellstone Pablo
George Will The Commissioner
Patricia Wilson Outback Woman
Robert Zoellick The Adding Machine

Long post but worth reading !!
====================================
We all agree that these phrases by Mr. Bush are ignorant and self-centered, but what people miss to see in these phrases , are themes of dangerous mental disorders like Generalized Organizational Psychosis (GOP) and bipolar disorder !!
"In studying the Bush regime over the past several years I’ve noticed recurring themes in their statements, themes that are characteristic of people suffering from psychological ailments such as bipolar disorder (also called manic-depression). For example, people with a bipolar disorder often project their actions onto others and accuse others of doing what they themselves have done. They live in denial, refusing to acknowledge or accept responsibility for their own actions, and instead accuse others of the very same acts that they have committed. This type of denial and projection occurs frequently in the Bush administration, and it is not limited to just president Bush. Often making hypocritical statements and wrongly accusing others of doing what they themselves have done.

This is not the first time that president Bush has exhibited the GOP neurosis when discussing Russia, it was also apparent when he accused Russian president Putin of consolidating power in response to threats of terrorism. Since the 9/11 attacks the Bush administration has taken unprecedented (and often illegal and unconstitutional) steps to subvert the American system of checks and balances and consolidate more power than ever before in the executive branch and the office of the president. Some of Bush’s actions in this regard have been nothing short of stunning, the kind of tyrannical measures that one might expect from a repressive despot devoid of respect for human rights. For example, Bush has claimed that he has the right to take American citizens, strip them of all legal rights, ship them off to an island, torture them, and hold them indefinitely with no charges, no legal representation, and no due process, all during peacetime. In essence, Bush has asserted that he is above all law (and above the Constitution) and that he has the right to treat anyone that he chooses as a non-person, at his whim, without justification or recourse for the victim. This is the antithesis of the kind of behavior that is expected from the self-proclaimed “leader of the free world.”

Some readers may say that such measures can be justified because the US is at war, fighting Bush’s so-called “war on terror,” but I will refer those readers to Article 1, Sec. 8(11) of the US Constitution, which clearly states that only Congress, not the president, has the power to declare war. Congress has not declared war since World War II, and therefore the United States is not “at war.” For president Bush to claim that “war powers” give him the right to do what he has done means that he is either ignorant of the Constitution or he is deliberately lying. Regardless of the reason, Bush’s actions clearly violate the very Constitution that he swore to uphold and defend. Thankfully, the US Supreme Court has defended the Constitution against Bush’s attack, again asserting the fundamental concept of “inalienable rights” that the founders of our country believed “all men” inherently have and which no government has the right to take away. However, with Bush’s ongoing efforts to fill the courts with ideologues who place their personal agenda before the good of the country and mankind, the victory may be short-lived.

A review of general information about psychological disorders reveals many other behaviors which are frequently seen in the current Republican organization. If you’ve been paying attention to what Bush and his crew have been up to over the past several years you’ll easily recognize the following behaviors:

a) An exaggerated feeling of self-importance, self-centeredness that manifests itself through a me-first, self-preoccupied attitude.
b) Being extravagant, spending vast amounts of money and accumulating large debts.
c) Having grandiose plans for obtaining power and wealth, usually delusional.
d) Perceiving threats that are exaggerated or nonexistent, difficulty trusting or believing others, inability to get along with others, acting threatening and hostile toward other
e) Manipulative and exploitative behavior, deceiving and manipulating others for their own personal gain.
f) Socially maladaptive, changing the rules of the game or otherwise influencing the external world to conform to their own needs.
g) Disregarding and violating the rights of others, lack of empathy, inability to see the viewpoints of others.
h) Lack of awareness that their actions are distressing or even harmful to others, denial that there is anything unusual about their behavior.
i) Unwillingness to accept responsibility for their own actions, blaming others for things that go wrong, responding with indifference when confronted with their actions, having a victim mentality.
j) Poor judgment, loss of touch with reality, being irrational.
k) Continuing to hold false beliefs in spite of compelling contradictory evidence.
l) Lack of respect for legal standards or the law, committing illegal acts.

>>>>> President Bush and his administration have exhibited all of these traits in abundance. Indeed, while researching the characteristics of psychological disorders for this article I couldn’t help but feel like I was reading a “How-To” guide to the Bush/Rove/neocon way of governing.

when he talks about "W" he brags about his middle initial, has anyone seen that speech? he was saying "W" stands for power, and all this different crap, at a military speech, has anyone heard that?

Back