Top Speed Header Install

Hello!
Recently purchased a used set of TS headers from another prime user that had them installed on their car by a mechanic. Me wanting to save a few bucks and learn my car i decided to follow
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Installing_Headers
After successfully getting the original header off the car i started to install the TS header. Unfortunately i have issues getting this to mount up to the head. It seems the passenger side is close to getting bolted up but the driver side studs are close to passing through the header but are not. the pipes from the header are hitting the CV housing? I am at a loss of what to do, thinking now taking this on my own was a poor decision. Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Not sure what you mean about passenger side and driver side but I just installed a brand new set with zero issues some people have had to trim the front cross beam to get them to fit I did not. I also replaced all my studs in the process not sure what year your car is but the later studs are actually shorter than the earlier models. I installed aftermarket studs with the same thread pitch and length, I also took the headers to a local shop and had the flanges welded and smoothed on the inside for better flow.

Hey! what i meant when i said passenger and driver side was the head studs on the rear bank of the engine, I had found out that the reason for the issues lining up with the head and manifold was there was a piece of metal put in place in the car's history that caused me not to mount the rear bank, after removing that the header went on just fine. From what i hear about TS headers is the fitment isnt always perfect as i had to trim about 1-2mm from the front cross beam which did not feel good. After those two things, install went exactly as planned.
Not sure what you mean about passenger side and driver side but I just installed a brand new set with zero issues some people have had to trim the front cross beam to get them to fit I did not. I also replaced all my studs in the process not sure what year your car is but the later studs are actually shorter than the earlier models. I installed aftermarket studs with the same thread pitch and length, I also took the headers to a local shop and had the flanges welded and smoothed on the inside for better flow.

Back