Took the Top off on the Way Home

Greetings

It was a nice day on the drive home yesterday. I got caught at one of the traffic lights that lasts about 2 1/2 minutes and had a spur of the moment impulse. I ran the windows down, popped the roof levers, opened the door, popped the back window, and became a convertible, all in about 30 seconds or so. Several people around seemed amazed and a couple gave me a thumbs up.

Cheers,
Martin

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool story MartinSD. When I had my S2000 people would gawk in amazement when I'd drop the top at a set of lights. I guess its the flexibility most of us have with NSX-T's...

Anyone caught in that 2 & 1/2 minute traffic light are very lucky to see the NSX stuck in traffic. Usually when we see one on the road, the NSX just flies out of sight.

Martin: Do you have a higher resolution of your avatar?

It's been so pleasant in the early mornings here lately I've gone topless to work every day for weeks now. I lubs it.

It's so easy to remove and store its great. The only issue I have is someone always wants to help remove and store which makes it more difficult. :smile: easier to do with one.

I put my top on to wash my car and that's it... :wink: :smile:

Funny, I usually take my top OFF when I wash the car.

I get a better tan that way :biggrin:

I don't believe you, I need a picture! :tongue:

My top usually stays off except when I wash the car :biggrin:

(us cali guys have this advantage...hehe)

In my garage I just use the red satin SOS cover to keep dust out since I only drive this car on weekend and to places where I can keep my eye on it.

rk

Greetings

It was a nice day on the drive home yesterday. I got caught at one of the traffic lights that lasts about 2 1/2 minutes and had a spur of the moment impulse. I ran the windows down, popped the roof levers, opened the door, popped the back window, and became a convertible, all in about 30 seconds or so. Several people around seemed amazed and a couple gave me a thumbs up.

Cheers,
Martin

You did this at a traffic light? ha!

be careful. Lights are not timed. They are triggered by traffic. There are coiled loops of metal in the ground that detect vehicles as they pass by.

I don't want to see you get caught with an arm full of targa while the light turns green and the cars behind you honking. :tongue:

You did this at a traffic light? ha!

be careful. Lights are not timed. They are triggered by traffic. There are coiled loops of metal in the ground that detect vehicles as they pass by.

I don't want to see you get caught with an arm full of targa while the light turns green and the cars behind you honking. :tongue:

The light was where El Camino Real and San Tomas Expressway cross. It takes a couple of cycles to get through the light during the rush hours. There are no sudden changes.

Cheers,
Martin

im in florida, tampa and its been raining almost everyday so no top off for me:frown:

The trick is get up really early in the morning when it's cool and no rain.
Too hot after 10 am and rain comes in even when it shines.

Anyone caught in that 2 & 1/2 minute traffic light are very lucky to see the NSX stuck in traffic. Usually when we see one on the road, the NSX just flies out of sight.

Martin: Do you have a higher resolution of your avatar?

Greetings

I do somewhere. This isn't a very good picture at higher resolution. We were having the kitchen cupboard doors refinished, so the garage was full of doors and the cars were outside for the week, plus I was driving to work every day. It was on a Friday night -- waiting for Pet to go out for dinner -- had the top off and the late afternoon lighting looked good. The picture makes the car look dirty -- black is a pain for showing dirt.

I will look for the picture.

Cheers,
Martin

I wish this statement were true. Most of the lights in my town have the "black circles of tar with coils under them" but a few don't and your'e stuck waiting for the cycle. And even worse, they turn the sensors off at night and ALL of the lights cycle and take a few minutes. Okay my rant is over, my next rant: I wish my top came off =[

Back