Took my NSX out for a spin (almost)

:eek: I recently purchased a '91 NSX with stock Yokohamas on it. While driving a bit too agressively on a 3 lane traffic circle in Long Beach, Ca. the tail broke out violently giving me (and my unsuspecting passenger) a 3 phase underwear checker (correct to the right, correct to the left, correct to the right again, exit traffic circle and go check underwear). I was powering on (in second, I believe) when it broke away and as I said before, there was nothing subtle about it. I checked the tire pressure later and found the rear tires to be 37-38 pounds each. Ridicule and driving tips aside, how much difference will meatier tires make? I am currently researching Rims and tires for the right look and size.

Was your traction control on or off? I doubt slightly larger tires would make much of a difference in that case.

good luck

The answer is related to driver attitude adjustment, not larger tires.

Umm, you DO know it's been raining heavily lately in Southern Cali, right? If you drive aggressively through wet weather, it doesn't matter what kind of tires you have on! :cool:

Back