Too good to be true???

There's this one guy on one of the neighbor islands that says he's selling a 1999 Acura NSX Type-S for 55k. Do you think that this is about right? One of his friends even told me that it's an S Zero. But... I don't know... I sure hope this guy's not bull shitting cause it's gonna cost me $250 just to fly up there to check out the car. Just wanted some expert advise on this. Thanks!

More context is needed. But yeah, in general, it sounds too good to be true. But, bometimes idiots with tons of cash will throw away good toys. Do some more research.

so where exactly are you located at? and where is the car located? That will help us determined if it's for real... Non of the US Spec nsx is a Type S or S-Zero. We have Zanadi version which is very close to the Type S, but doesn't have the $8000 recaro seats.

That price of 55K is not great for a Zanardi NSX if that is what it is. (and that is what it sounds like). Is it red with suede seats?

NetViper said:
That price of 55K is not great for a Zanardi NSX if that is what it is. (and that is what it sounds like). Is it red with suede seats?

His original post stated "1999 NSX-T Type S" so there's some kind of misinformation or misunderstanding going on as the Type S was never available for sale in the US and the Zanardi did not come with the roof panel or "T" designation.

Okay, I'm gonna call the guy about it tomorrow for the vin #'s and more info. Then I'll run it on CarFax. Thanks for all the info, guys. Oh yeah, by the way I am in Hawaii. Thanks again. Don't wanna get scammed!!!

One of the owners around here put a Type S badge on his NSX. That's about the only way you are likely to see a Type S in the States.

Someone should throw a Type R badge on their car and sell it on Ebay. Oh wait, I think that's been done before.

Psychobiology said:
808 is a Hawaiian area code, so I'm assuming he's referring to a Zanardi NSX somewhere in Hawaii. :tongue:

That was my guess as well....and if that is true $55,000 is not really that far out of line.

Back