Too Good To Be Real? 1995 w/68,432 for $7300?

I'd say there is a 3 missing in front of that 7 or they meant to put $37000 instead of 7300. If that price isn't a mistake I would say it is a scam.

its probably legit..........if the engine is blown and it is just a rolling frame.

Carfax is clean and there is nothing untoward about that VIN on the intarwebz. I did not pursue for reasons stated above (and still crying over missing out on that 98 in Cali... couldnt get time off to go see it :frown:)

I truly wish the gullibility levels of this site were not trending downward but come on people, what does it take to give you a reality check?

I don't know why I continue to try to protect people from their own ignorance but here is a little background on the car/"seller" for you.

(And I don't know why I always apologize for being "harsh" with my words but sometimes some people really do need a good "b*tch slapping" to help them get some common sense.)

I posed as someone interested in buying the car for my fiance but I didn't know anything about an NSX other than my fiance really liked the car and I wanted it to be a surprise "wedding gift".

Here is the seller's response:

Hi XXXX,

The car is still available for sale. This 1995 Acura NSX has only 68,422 miles on board. You should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. Non-smoker. The inside is clean, like new. Runs great, very smooth, meticulously maintained. To have a finish like this, it is obvious that this vehicle has been garaged and the car is exactly as you see it in the pics.
All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. I love this car but I have to let it go...

I had a buyer offering $7,300 but his loan didn't get approved so the car is still for sale and please don't e-mail me back if you don't have the entire amount available to buy my car. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, my financial and medical problems that I have and with our economy imagine this...

My final price that I want for this car is $7,300 and I will not negotiate the price. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. So if you are interested please e-mail me back for more details about the transaction.

For more pics, please visit: http://www.use.com/9aaf02b4a22adfdb4e66

Thank you,
Daniel Ritter

That VIN shows the car listed most recently here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...96+jh4na1189st000382&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Note that is a cached page and the car appears to have been sold in the mid-30s price range.

The "seller" lists a chicago area phone. Notice the trees in his photos? Not exactly the type of trees you see in Chicago. Also, it seems pretty obvious the pics were taken on a dealer's lot. The linked photo website also indicates the photos were uploaded "anonymously".

I will post the "seller's" transaction details if he takes my bait. I anticipate it will involve an "out of the country/use ebay guarantee program" type scam.

Last edited:
These threads were the norm just over a year ago. They're coming back! :frown:

Bob (RSO34) had the 2009 Prime thread of the year on this issue, which gave me many days of excellent entertainment at work. :D While I think the 2010 award should go to Hugabuga for his undeniably awesome window kit discussion, maybe we'll get a RSO sequel here in this thread? :)

Bob (RSO34) had the 2009 Prime thread of the year on this issue, which gave me many days of excellent entertainment at work. :D While I think the 2010 award should go to Hugabuga for his undeniably awesome window kit discussion, maybe we'll get a RSO sequel here in this thread? :)

I'm glad you mentioned that - Bob(RSO) did an expose on a complete moron Nigerian theif....funniest and most unbelievable thread I've ever read!!!! NO ONE BEATS THAT!!!! Not so far in my book. If you guys have time look up RSO privately and find his posts on that - unreal! Bob is pretty awesome and we all appreciate his stuff. Talk about entertainmement - ID -10T - unreal Bob. That one should have been on TV and I'm not kidding!

So now anytime you see a car for 7300 - *psssst - don't mention it - except to say - it's a scam unless you know it doesn't have a motor....lol.:wink:

I sincerely hope that this is the last time we have to see a thread like this on Prime. In all honesty, if you actually believe something like this is legit then your gene pool either was over-chlorinated or just had a shallow end.

Here is the "seller's" response:

Hi again XXXX,

Well, as I said, the car is in perfect shape and you'll gonna love it. I started to feel that I need some vacation after my divorce and I decided to visit my sister in Spain, this way I had the opportunity to meet my brother in law (he's spanish and before I've came here I've only saw him in pictures). I'm going to stay here about 2 months, but here is no problem about closing our deal because the car is in US and I'll ship it to you with no problem (my godfather works for DAS and the shipping costs will be very, very low for me to any address in US). The car will be shipped with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
Here is how it works:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you: your full name, complete shipping address and phone number.
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay to open a case with them.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us the invoices. The invoice will send you all the necessary details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days inspection period to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund you the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car on my expense (but I'm sure is not the case the car is in perfect condition).

If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the info requested (complete name, full shipping address and phone #) so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you,
Daniel Ritter

P.S All the shipping & handling costs will be covered by me.

Now please everyone, if you actually can only afford a $7300 NSX and are convinced these ads are real then give your best friend $20 to kick you in the balls as a wake up call and invest the rest of your money in an education.

If you're gonna pass on it, I'm buying it.:biggrin:

Here is the "seller's" response:

Now please everyone, if you actually can only afford a $7300 NSX and are convinced these ads are real then give your best friend $20 to kick you in the balls as a wake up call and invest the rest of your money in an education.

Please tell me this isn't the end of the correspondence... it's gold, Jerry! Gold! :biggrin:

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Cars.com used car lead for Dan - 1995 Acura NSX
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:33:16 -0400

Good evening Dan,

My brother is currently in Barcelona so if we can close the deal I will have him buy you a beer there.

I prefer an all cash deal so my fiance doesn't know how much I am spending on him. Please provide me with a local contact in the Chicago area and I will bring the cash.

Thanks

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:07:02 -0700

Ok, we have a deal. Please give me your brothers phone # and I will call him.

Great!

He is over on the Plaça del Antonio López.

You can reach him after 8:30 local time at 93 486 80 50. His name is Tommy (well, at least that is what I call him but he prefers Thomas - or Tomas since he is there).

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:33:16 -0400

Good evening Dan,

My brother is currently in Barcelona so if we can close the deal I will have him buy you a beer there.

I prefer an all cash deal so my fiance doesn't know how much I am spending on him. Please provide me with a local contact in the Chicago area and I will bring the cash.

Thanks

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:07:02 -0700

Great!

He is over on the Plaça del Antonio López.

You can reach him after 8:30 local time at 93 486 80 50. His name is Tommy (well, at least that is what I call him but he prefers Thomas - or Tomas since he is there).

GREAT!!!!:biggrin:

I dont know if I want to post anything about scams after my last Episode with another member. LOL

this is to funny, you should go to the very end with this guy.

tell him to go to his bank at 8:30am and wait you will send him the money and only send him like 1 penny.

send him a telegram telling him your sorry but I ran out of money and would he take the one penny as your first payment.

Last edited:

Great!

My good friend Anthony T. Eiger might be interested if it falls through :biggrin:

tony-new.gif

Last edited:
I think there will be a NSX brother meeting this guy in Barcelona this weekend. :wink:

Hi again XXXX,

Well, as I said, the car is in perfect shape and you'll gonna love it. I started to feel that I need some vacation after my divorce and I decided to visit my sister in Spain, this way I had the opportunity to meet my brother in law (he's spanish and before I've came here I've only saw him in pictures). I'm going to stay here about 2 months, but here is no problem about closing our deal because the car is in US and I'll ship it to you with no problem (my godfather works for DAS and the shipping costs will be very, very low for me to any address in US). The car will be shipped with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
Here is how it works:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you: your full name, complete shipping address and phone number.
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay to open a case with them.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us the invoices. The invoice will send you all the necessary details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days inspection period to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund you the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car on my expense (but I'm sure is not the case the car is in perfect condition).

If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the info requested (complete name, full shipping address and phone #) so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you,
Daniel Ritter

P.S All the shipping & handling costs will be covered by me.
dunno - i think i'd do the deal if he'll throw in a new set of tires, too.

good thread :)

Thus is to funny, I was sending similar e-mails to these guys and they hardly ever reply.

If you go on craigslist and type in 2004-2008 Acura TL
there will be like 6-7 for sale and with a great price of 4500 dollars
and these Fake cars are real low miles. and we all know they are great great deals.

Back