• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tom Bell of RP-Motorsports

(Not sure if this is the right place to post this and if it needs to be moved please do so.)

On 3/06 i sent Tom Bell 2,028 dollars for 18/19 ce28n which he said would take 3 months to ship to me. I waited and sent him a email after 3 months and he stated they should be coming in soon. 6 months came around and he said they where in the next shipment, well i haven't heard a response from any of the PM emails calls i sent since then. His website now seems to be down and i really don't have a way to contact him.

I felt this nsx community was very honest and close net so i had no problem of sending tom the money up front. I went in knowing he did lag at times and people got upset about him not responding to customers daily. I saw multiple post stating he was a busy guy and was doing this on the side but he was a honest and trustworthy guy. He seemed to know a lot of fellow nsxprime members and attend track days.

If anyone is willing to help me contact Tom and get my money back, i'm willing to give you $200 dollars for your time. I really don't know what else to do anymore. I guess you really cant trust anyone. Even if they seem well known and have multiple people vouching for them. I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Thanks for your time guys.

Re: Money stolen by Tom Bell of RP-Motorsports

Hope things work out and you get your wheels or your money back man. If it makes a diff I had to wait about a year to get my TE-37's from Super Autobacs a few years back. I did give them a deposit, but since they couldn't give me a defenite delivery date after the 6 month promise, they gave me my deposit back. Interestingly enough in another 6 months I got a call saying my wheels arrived if I still wanted them. So I just went back and grabbed them. In total I think it took 14 months. :cool:

I've heard similar stories of Volks taking forever to be shipped. Rays must be really busy.

Yep, just wheels in general sometimes take forever to get. I remember HP Evos were out everywhere for atleast 6 months. And those are just HP's. It seems almost nobody can give a definite delivery date on wheels anymore no matter what the brand.

Thats the one bad thing about paying with a credit card. They give you the impression of security, but what they don't tell you is that they only cover the purchase up to 30 days I believe. So goods not recieved with in 30 days are considered at your own risk. I had some trouble with a vendor in so cal. Heres your steps you should take. 1. call the credit card (never hurts and most likely they will start a paper trail claim) this will help in court. 2. Retrieve any emails or phone call records that you've made to the company(especially the emails that promise the wheels are en route) 3. Find out the city the buisness is in and file a small claims court against the owner and pay the $30.00 to have them served. 4. Once you locate the city the buisness is registered under go to the Better Buisness Beauro web site and file a complaint (they will start their own investigation) 5.Google the buisness name to find out any additional information you can gather. 6. If you can find anyone else with document problems with this vendor, attempt to get them to help you in SCC. Also, when you file a claim in small claims court they have a legal form that you can down load and send to the vendor once the claim has started. From this point on document everything you do including the time your spending to recover your money. Also don't sue him for the exact amount you paid, Sue him for $1,500 more than you paid. The worst the Judge can say is you only get what you paid but this works in your favor because the vendor doesn't want to take a chance that the Judge will rule in your favor for stress, aggrivation, and interest paid on said amount. Plus you can imagine the look on the vendors face which should get you some satisfaction. Hope this helps and if all else fails post your disatisfaction on prime and anywhere else that it might hurt his buisness.:smile:

I believe credit cards allow you to dispute a charge within 30 days of the expected receipt of the product. So if the seller says you'll have your wheels in 6 months, you should be able to dispute the charge up to 30 days after the 6 months. You won't be able to disput the charge prior to the 6 months though.

Tom is very busy and volk is slow. check the search, many people have ordered from Tom and complained they took his money. Most overseas whell places have a 8 month wait. Rp is at their mercy. Not taking up for RP just giving some info.

Tom is very busy and volk is slow. check the search, many people have ordered from Tom and complained they took his money. Most overseas whell places have a 8 month wait. Rp is at their mercy. Not taking up for RP just giving some info.

If thats the case than RP (in good faith) should refund his money and keep a small deposit. Just my .02

That does seem like a long time. I recently order a set of Volks from SOS and it only took 3 months to get them in.

That does seem like a long time. I recently order a set of Volks from SOS and it only took 3 months to get them in.

I never heard a bad statement or bad post against SOS. I've waited 6 months for a spoiler from SOS with no fear. Im currently waiting on a rear hatch and Im on 3 months now. Totally trust SOS.

Theres not any wheel I want to wait 6 months for. I waited 3 months for an Amuse exhaust, that is torture.:frown: Good luck.

I ordered my Volk wheels from Tom a couple of years back or so. While I admit that the customer service was poor once he had my money, my wheels did eventually come in (several months later than he said). Also, from my time here on Prime, I've never personally seen an example where a customer of his was totally ripped off, at least not that I can remember.

Overall, Tom had pretty good prices and the bottom line was that he delivered. That said, if I were to do it today I think I'd pay a couple of hundred extra to have peace of mind (returned phone calls and/or e-mails) and a couple of months off the wait time.

J

Hey all,
Almost any popular rim maker used in JGTC is going to take forever especially now that the season is underway. Plus the fact that August is kind of like the major vacation month in Japan, lots of our customers in Japan ordering NSX offsets know to expect the rim no sooner than 3 months. Tough, but thats life in the fastlane.
DJ

I have been extremely patient with Tom. Its been over 16 months already since i paid him in full. Also he has not responded to me since Nov of last year. I understand if someone is busy but taking over 9 months just to respond to someone you has already paid you in full is excessive. I really hope he's not trying to rip me off but what else am I supposed to think.

Back