To Kill An American

TO KILL AN AMERICAN - You probably missed it in the rush of news
lately, but there was acutally a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American. So, an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is. So they would know when they found one. (Good one,
mate!!!!) :

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, Buddist, or Muslim.

In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and
for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.

The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms & supplies to enable the people to win back their country!
As of the morning of Sept. 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, best music, best food, best services.
But they also welcome the least. The national symbol of America, the Statue of Liberty welcomes your tired & your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and First languages, including those
that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Toho, Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people
from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of
freedom.

Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

RSO 34 said:

I guess that makes the post meaningless then...

The snopes reference is that the urban legend was created to allow Americans to assure ourselves that people from other countries admire us.

Snopes.com said:
Origins: As the reaction to pieces from a Canadian broadcaster and a Romanian journalist demonstrate, Americans take great delight in encomiums to America and Americans authored by citizens of other nations.

To a degree the rumor does cater to that, but the original writing is actually quite good fom a melting pot / patriotic sense.

It is a good letter. Even though it is written by an American, I think the sentiment is pleasant, and a good reminder of exactly who we (Americans) are.

How about a compromise?

If I post the letter as it was originally written and published by Peter Ferrara in the National Review on September 25th of 01 can we all enjoy the writing for what it is?

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, Buddist, or Muslim.

In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and
for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.

The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms & supplies to enable the people to win back their country!
As of the morning of Sept. 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, best music, best food, best services.
But they also welcome the least. The national symbol of America, the Statue of Liberty welcomes your tired & your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Toho, Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people
from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of
freedom.

Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American."

Last edited:
But they also welcome the least. The national symbol of America, the Statue of Liberty welcomes your tired & your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed.

Just like all the Jews America refused to lift a finger about during the Holocaust? :frown:

(At least its a fake article)

arnach said:
Just like all the Jews America refused to lift a finger about during the Holocaust? :frown:

well if it makes you feel any better, I do recall the world recently saying America shouldn't be trying to be the "world police".

Funny since I hear "Leave people alone" and "Help a poor country out" from the same bandwagon moronic mouths.

i seem to remember learning about all that we did do about the holocaust...
maybe we should talk about that instead of what we didnt do..

how come its never enough untill its too much for some people...

maybe we should let everyone fix there own problems, then when they wipe each other out we can go in and get our "oil"....since according to some thats all its about anyway..

people on this forum are interesting for sure...

:rolleyes:

arnach said:

Actually- is isn't a "fake article" is is a very real article written by Peter Ferrara in the National Review on September 25th of 01.

Of course, you are absolutely right- we are a nation of anti-semites.

That is why we are under constant scorn, and threat for our unrelenting support of Isreal.

I am going to guess that you have also forgotten all the American G.I's who died in the European theater of WW2 liberating the Jewish in Europe amongst others.

The good news is, I haven't forgotten, and your bullshit won't change that.

Have a great day.

Philip

i was wondering where the f#ck arnach learned his american history. Must have been in the special textbook, "World History" revised Adolf Hitler edition, or the revised Osama edition.

I saw this on the news last night, a lebanonese lady talking to the media after the latest strikes in lebanon. "It's the US's fault, it's Bush's fault this is happening!"

BTW, just saw that Bill Gates and Bill Clinton are in africa with their charity that helps fight disease in Africa. I always wondered what types of charities Bill Gates took personal time and effort to support. I mean afterall, he doesn't need the community service to gain any image or riches!

arnach said:

Yeah....I wonder why both my Grandfathers(one German the other Irish) went to normandy?.. to take a walk on the beach?....Or maybe they were trying to stop the Nazis?...humm...I wonder.:rolleyes:

My Grandfather was a full blooded German (Zahn) he and my grandmother's family also full blooded immigrants from germany (muller) were sending money back to Germany to support people housing Jews in their basements....so maybe somebody did "lift a finger" after all?:mad:

Last edited:
arnach said:

are you on crack or just an idiot???

my Grandfather risked his life fighting in WWII...If Hitler had his way, there wouldn't be ANY Jews left...you should thank God for men like my Grandfather and America instead of making ignorant comments like that...:rolleyes:

01blacks4 said:
i seem to remember learning about all that we did do about the holocaust...
maybe we should talk about that instead of what we didnt do..

how come its never enough untill its too much for some people...

maybe we should let everyone fix there own problems, then when they wipe each other out we can go in and get our "oil"....since according to some thats all its about anyway..

people on this forum are interesting for sure...
I see Amerca similar to the head of FEMA .
If you do a little, you are not doing enough. If you do much, It is still not enough. If you do too much, then you are wasting money and not doing it correctly.
It is a no win position. Someone will always be pointing their finger at US because we are the richest and most powerful countrry in the world.

I THANK MY MOM FOR MAKING THE HARDEST DECISION IN HER LIFE TO BRING ME AND MY FAMILY HERE FOR THE GOOD LIFE THAT I ENJOY NOW.

Back