To Drive or Not to Drive...that is the question!

Hi All,

I am a NSX Dreamer turned proud owner! Lucky to find a 1,905 mile 1992 black/black 5spd. :)

Bought it from the original owner, bought new here locally in southern WI.

I may have to buy another one with miles on it so I can drive it like it deserves to be, it is driving me crazy just looking at it!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I will post pics soon.

Drive the hell out of it :). Also, why buy two of the same car, just buy something else for a change to compliment the NSX when time comes. Good find on the car, such low miles.

Congratulations on the awesome find. Nice trophy unless you drive it. However, if you put 3 or 4K on it per year, it would still be extremely low mileage for a 21 year old car and retain it's value. It is hard sometimes watching the odometer role. I have learned to ignore it until I get back to the garage after a drive that I'd have to say was worth every mile and smile. And as much as I like to just sit in the garage and look at my rare orange unicorn I'd rather drive it. The NSX is like no other car I have owned and, at 56 yrs old, I've owned many. It's a performance car, let it perform. To me, not driving it is like having the most beautiful woman in the world lying naked on your bed saying "come to me". Would you just stand there looking?! All of that said, it's your car and your money. You do what is right for you no matter what anyone else, including me, thinks. I look foreword to your pictures.

Wow, congratulations on what sounds like an amazingly showroom-fresh NSX. Welcome aboard. I look forward to those pictures too. Put a few miles on it (but not too many) and enjoy it.

Drive it, with it being a 1992 rather than a 1991 the ultra low mileage won't command a significant premium compared to a 1992 with low mileage - I would estimate the price points to change at sub 10k and sub 30k.

I feel your pain. Believe me!!!!

I bought my first NSX - a red 2003 with 2246 miles on it. Love the car - but hate to put too many miles on it. Often go to cars and coffee and other car events with car enthusiasts and fellow NSX owners. Mostly drive on short trips around town and try to never leave her parked anywhere. My longest trip was with on our regional event "Texas NSX craze" last year - put 400 miles on her in one weekend with about 20 NSX owners. Had a great time.
Have now owned her for three years and just turned 5000 miles.
My friends continue to make fun of me or not driving her that much, but I want to keep her pristine - like she just came out of the showroom.
IMAG0064.jpg
!Bwzsk)wBWk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEwQKvWdqKBMKqTotQog~~_12.jpg

So I decided to buy another NSX with more miles on it so I would not feel so guilty driving her. Was looking for a 2002-05 with maybe 50k miles.
Ended up finding with a 2002 Imola/Imola (a rare color combination with only 9205 miles on it when I bought it- also a one owner car. Could not pass this one up. But now still feel guilty putting too many miles on this one as well. Have owned her for about 4 months and put about 500 miles on her.
IMG_0298.jpg62673_4617157555456_1518222955_n.jpg

Lostbuckeye --who posted above has talked me into going to NSXPO and driving from Texas to NC and Back. I keep thinking I should trailer her, but he tells me that takes the fun and experience out of the trip. So one way or another--- I will have the car in NC. Probably with 1400 miles extra each way. So, yes I feel your pain - but man do I love these cars.

So I am the wrong guy to tell you to "Drive the hell out of it" since I can't do it myself.

Enjoy her anyway. Put her in the garage and shine her up and take her out on nice sunny days.

------Maybe I need a third one with lots of milage - but I think the wife would kill me if I even suggested it.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Believe me!!!!

I bought my first NSX - a red 2003 with 2246 miles on it. Love the car - but hate to put too many miles on it. Often go to cars and coffee and other car events with car enthusiasts and fellow NSX owners. Mostly drive on short trips around town and try to never leave her parked anywhere. My longest trip was with on our regional event "Texas NSX craze" last year - put 400 miles on her in one weekend with about 20 NSX owners. Had a great time.
Have now owned her for three years and just turned 5000 miles.
My friends continue to make fun of me or not driving her that much, but I want to keep her pristine - like she just came out of the showroom.
View attachment 105864
View attachment 105865

So I decided to buy another NSX with more miles on it so I would not feel so guilty driving her. Was looking for a 2002-05 with maybe 50k miles.
Ended up finding with a 2002 Imola/Imola (a rare color combination with only 9205 miles on it when I bought it- also a one owner car. Could not pass this one up. But now still feel guilty putting too many miles on this one as well. Have owned her for about 4 months and put about 500 miles on her.
View attachment 105866View attachment 105867

Lostbuckeye --who posted above has talked me into going to NSXPO and driving from Texas to NC and Back. I keep thinking I should trailer her, but he tells me that takes the fun and experience out of the trip. So one way or another--- I will have the car in NC. Probably with 1400 miles extra each way. So, yes I feel your pain - but man do I love these cars.

So I am the wrong guy to tell you to "Drive the hell out of it" since I can't do it myself.

Enjoy her anyway. Put her in the garage and shine her up and take her out on nice sunny days.

------Maybe I need a third one with lots of milage - but I think the wife would kill me if I even suggested it.
You crack me up. :highly_amused: You forgot to add that she said drive one or sell one.

Hi All,

I am a NSX Dreamer turned proud owner! Lucky to find a 1,905 mile 1992 black/black 5spd. :)

Bought it from the original owner, bought new here locally in southern WI.

I may have to buy another one with miles on it so I can drive it like it deserves to be, it is driving me crazy just looking at it!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I will post pics soon.

Super lucky! I searched for years to find such a combo. Black/black was hard to find. Every ultra-low mileage one was red and I didn't want red. I finally ended up buying a 2000 NSX, silver/black.

Well, if the guilt proves to be too much, you can always sell me your car and buy another one with higher mileage. :)

Drive it

Super lucky! I searched for years to find such a combo. Black/black was hard to find. Every ultra-low mileage one was red and I didn't want red. I finally ended up buying a 2000 NSX, silver/black.

Well, if the guilt proves to be too much, you can always sell me your car and buy another one with higher mileage. :)

Never understood why someone would buy a car and be afraid to drive it. If you don't like driving cars and just bought it as art then don't drive. If you are a true enthusiast then drive it true to its design (fast and hard). It's just money in the end. On your death bed you will never say " I wish I would have drove my Nsx less. Just my thoughts.

Drive it when you want to and don't even think about the miles you are putting on it. I had the same thoughts as you when I bought my 2nd NSX. which I still own. 42,000 mi on my 96 red NSX-T. Screw it I thought to myself, I wanted this car for along time and damn it now I am going to drive it when I want to. Maybe I will put 1000 miles on it this year. Not as a daily driver, but on a sunny day, when the mood strikes me, or maybe to a car show or two. And you know I never seem to come straight home from where I was coming from. It is just to damn fun driving that car. If you truly bought it for an investment then don't drive it. I don't think it will make you a millionaire some day. It is not THE most desirable yr/model ect.....but I get the fact that it is a 92 with very low miles. That makes it unique and valuable. Good find for you!! Enjoy it however you want!!

^^^ that's what I do too. Daily drive an frs, then every weekend or every other weekend I drive the NSX to get my fix. I have an 04, which everyone keeps the miles off, but I love driving it so I do

Back