To All Prospective Owners

In 2005, I had some extra room for a toy, and started searching for an NSX. I bought one, and owned it for about 13 months. Loved it, but wanted to try something else. There were so many cars that I wanted to drive and experience, that I just had to try them. So I sold the NSX and bought the S2000. Sold the S2000 and bought the Elise. Sold the Elise and bought the 911. Sold the 911 last year to justify buying my wife's dream home. Said screw it about 2 months ago and bought a Viper. Went and looked at a Zanardi on Tuesday, and it really put things in perspective. I may not have had the perfect NSX the first time around, but I had already found the car I wanted. I'll own a Zanardi NSX soon enough, and I'll keep it. I wouldn't go back on the cars I've owned, but it morphed into a learning experience that showed me the NSX is the car for me. It's not small like the S2000, rough or stripped like the Elise, high maintenance or have me fearful for repairs like the 911, and, well, American like the Viper. The NSX is the perfect blend of them all, and proud of it.

I hope this makes sense for at least one of the prospective owners touring the forum looking for confirmation that their desire is indeed justified. Believe me, there is no better blend on the market.

Joe

Last edited:
In 2005, I had some extra room for a toy, and started searching for an NSX. I bought one, and owned it for about 13 months. Loved it, but wanted to try something else. There were so many cars that I wanted to drive and experience, that I just had to try them. So I sold the NSX and bought the S2000. Sold the S2000 and bought the Elise. Sold the Elise and bought the 911. Sold the 911 last year to justify buying my wife's dream home. Said screw it about 2 months ago and bought a Viper. Went and looked at a Zanardi on Tuesday, and it really put things in perspective. I may not have had the perfect NSX the first time around, but I had already found the car I wanted. I'll own a Zanardi NSX soon enough, and I'll keep it. I wouldn't go back on the cars I've owned, but it morphed into a learning experience that showed me the NSX is the car for me. It's not small like the S2000, rough or stripped like the Elise, high maintenance or have me fearful for repairs like the 911, and, well, American like the Viper. The NSX is the perfect blend of them all, and proud of it.

I hope this makes sense for at least one of the prospective owners touring the forum looking for confirmation that their desire is indeed justified. Believe me, there is no better blend on the market.

Joe

At least you finally came to your senses.:biggrin:

I've looked/driven/ many cars over the years and to me NOTHING is better over all than the NSX, period. I guess that's why I am on my 5th. I may sell 'em, but I get another one!

At least you finally came to your senses.:biggrin:

I've looked/driven/ many cars over the years and to me NOTHING is better over all than the NSX, period. I guess that's why I am on my 5th. I may sell 'em, but I get another one!

Well, I'm not a religious man, but AMEN brother!

Joe

Hey Joe,

Was it the Zanardi #8 that you checked out on Tuesday?! If so, can you please give us some details about the car?! Thank you for sharing your experiences. In life, it's not the destination, but the journey that matters most!!

I'm trying to sell my M5 right now so I can finally experience the NSX. I've been lurking on here even after my last two car purchases. Finally the time is right for me to own one. I've had confirmation that this is the car for me every day when reading posts on this forum. This one just added to it. Thanks for posting!

There are many cars that I'm interested in... including the m5 like driver5.... but like him I know that if I don't buy an nsx next... I'll still be looking for one no matter what I buy. I've tried to hold it off for so long but the time has come!

There are better things than our good old NSX -with a SC/FI or even NA with mods- but those are all over 220K new, or over 120K new or used ... a F360 + means yeah, you have a incredible Ferrari that sounds like heaven, but can only be driven 3k miles per year? @ most, Z06's are very nice cars, but not "special" enough .... GTR's are fantastic too, but they are heavy robots that on a standing mile will do 165, while our NSX's, 150? an that w/o FI .... we are slower, but not by much, but we look great!

Then you start to believe that spending 12-15K @ SOS and having a 600HP NSX is the BEST deal ever! :D

I was considering selling my Na2 and getting a Z06, but now, I'd rather wait 2 years, ship to SOS, doing a stage II or III and have all that power, with our looks ....

I hope i make sense ... I am tired right now LOL

Oscar

I agree with the OP. Of all the cars (BMW's, Supra's, Vette's) I've owned, the NSX is the only car I've become truely satisfied with and intend to keep forever. Happy Motoring!

Great story and post Joe. Guess you said a lot for us NSX owners. I too have had many sports cars and now reside here in the NSX camp. I find myself wanting to get the car out more and really to the track. I just want to experience it fully. You can hardly do that on the road - well not enough anyway!

These are truly wonderful cars and you find yourself, like Oscar, thinking of mods and stuff like that. The only other car I would even consider for several reasons - cost being the biggest one- is another 911. However, as you say you find yourself worrying about expensive repair bills - at least I did. I don't worry about that with the NSX since I've got it up to date completely with maintenance - now I'm thinking handling. Suspension set ups - sticky tires - stuff like that to make it handle even better. Coil overs -mmmm- yea - stuff like that. Just fun stuff - cause I'm able to actually afford to enjoy the car! It's a Honda - and it's simple. Not so damn complex like the newer 911s - that like the Ferrari is still a rich man's car and I am not one of them. So I have a "poor man's Ferrari" which by the way is better than many of the F cars except for the later versions. Anyway no need in talking about them cause I will never own one - only appreciate them and by driving the poo out of mine I will experience the next best thing!

Onward....

I thought the OP just bought the Viper.:confused: I figured it would atleast a few months to get tired of it.:biggrin:

Back