TMU/Direct Drive tuning

Any rumors of tuners working on extracting maximum power out of the EV portion of the NC1? We know some total combined power is left on the table. If all electric motors were working at max power simultaneously that would put an additional 46 horsepower to the ground.

I believe the Type S NSXs received a slightly greater capacity traction battery and also new programming for how fast the twin motors would go as well as other tweaks. So it is possible. You can probably control the torque of the electric motors which could improve performance off the line. Given how conservative Honda is, there is probably a lot of opportunity there. All it takes is time money and patience.

Any rumors of tuners working on extracting maximum power out of the EV portion of the NC1? We know some total combined power is left on the table. If all electric motors were working at max power simultaneously that would put an additional 46 horsepower to the ground.

The Hybrid system is the feature that comes with the most complexity, so its only a matter of time before K Tuner come out with some tweaks to extra more power.

The technology in the hybrid powertrain is around 15 years old, dating back to when Acura was doing R&D. Given the rapid advancements in technology over the past few years, I believe focus needs to be away from extracting more power from the ICE engine. However, if someone could retrofit the ZDX Type S TM into the NSX and upgrade the batteries, it would transform this car into an absolute beast. We can only dream! :D

Another consideration is the electronic powertrain's ability to maintain synchrony with the ICE as the power gap widens. When does the electronic powertrain become a hindrance rather than a help? I.e. rate of acceleration unable to keep up with the ICE powertrain. This requires more research.

Back