TINTING Advice Needed/Tint Shop Recommendation.

Hey,

I'm looking to tint my 2003 Camry LE. It is my daily driver. I'm looking to increase comfort in the car, and also cut down on the amount of UV. A few questions for ya.

1)Does tinting really cut down on UV transmission?
2)If it does cut down on UV, which darkness should I go with?
3)What is a good compromise between too dark and too light? I know this is subjective, but you know...what do you think?
4)Does it really matter which shop you take it to, or is it all the same?
5)Which tint shop would you recommend? I'm in LA/Pasadena area.

Thanks
John

1. Yes.

2. There is clear film that has good UV protection. I have used Riken film in the past, but it's hard to come by. It's been years since I did it, so there may be other manufacturers that have a similar product.

3. What color is the Camry? For a white or any color that leans toward a yellowish color, I'd do bronze instead of charcoal. Do 50% if you'd prefer to be lighter than darker, or do 35% if you prefer to be darker than lighter. Both of these are light enough to allow you to see into the car (esp. during the day). Many do 20%, but it's typically difficult to see into the car which might get you some unwanted attention. I also learned the hard way that one should consider going one shade darker on the rear glass to get a more even coloring. Because the rear window is upward facing, the sunlight makes it look lighter than the rest of the windows. Going one shade darker tends to even it out a little better.

4. It does matter. There's a difference in price, quality of product and quality of work.

5. Kooltint in Alhambra.

313. S. Raymond Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91803
626-285-5670

If you are in Monrovia then go to California Tint.

Always great service and they always do a clean job. Recently had my mom's Sienna done there on 7 windows, really good job done.

If you have trouble choosing darkness then he'll help you make a choice since he has sample glass and usually there are other cars in his parking lot that have a certain tint so you can check it out.

info here:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-tint-inc-rosemead

Back