Time to recover the seats

r71

Contributing Member
Anyone with Red/Tan combo go with a different color seat? If so, can you post pics. I would love to change out the entire interior to black or ivory, but that'a like carpet, door panels, and all the rear trim panels.

I would love to change out the entire interior to black or ivory, but that'a like carpet, door panels, and all the rear trim panels.
With so many red/black NSXs out there, I would think it would be infinitely easier to simply sell yours and buy a new one in the color combo you prefer.

Personally, I would be curious how well a cognac brown leather color would work out with a red/tan, but as you mentioned with all the additional body panels it could be tricky to get it to look nice.

Last edited:
To continue what I meant, the cognac would probably work best with a black interior like in the R8:

vosq1d.jpeg

So the peeps with tan interior, what did you do? Leatherseats.com doesn't have the same color. It's a little hard to match the original tan. Can't be off cause you can really see the difference due to the rear panels.

I would go black if you can't replicate the tan. Otherwise, I think it'd look a bit out of place.

That pic looks amazing, wow.

This is what my Red 91 had.

DSC02573.JPG

DSC02614.JPG

momo_3.jpg

How is the quality of the replacement leather y'all have used, compared to the original?

Back