Time to Highlight the NC1s BEST Design Points

I can be a bit of a critic and even a perfectionist when it comes to things I am passionate about. So it was very natural to post several times about areas where its design could be improved.

Today, I would like to try going in another direction and I don't recall seeing such a thread.

SO, what design features do you truly love about the NC1?

I will offer 1 of mine to start.

Though it is a departure from the original NSX, I love the design of the rear roof pillars and the way they gradually widen from front to back. It is more powerful and interesting than the rear glass hatch.

Last edited:
I can be a bit of a critic and even a perfectionist when it comes to things I am passionate about. So it was very natural to post several times about areas where its design could be improved.

Today, I would like to try going in another direction and I don't recall seeing such a thread.

SO, what design features do you truly love about the NC1?

I will offer 1 of mine to start.

Though it is a departure from the original NSX, I love the design of the rear roof pillars and the way they gradually widen from front to back. It is more powerful and interesting than the rear glass hatch.

The flying buttresses. Yup I doubt you’re going to find many people who don’t think that is a great design.

The designer herself has said that the rear upper fender is her favorite part of the design and I agree with her. But that’s be too easy.

I’ll go with something very obscure. People who have taken apart the original NSX have seen an Easter egg or two. “An eternal sportsmind for you” anyone? On the new car, you have “NSX” etched into one of the extruded frame sections near the battery pack shelf. It serves no purpose. No typical owner will ever see it. But it’s there.

COSWORTH stamped on the engine.
cooling ducts under the car that run through the frame
the flux capacitor in the back.

I like the mirrors, Y spoke oem wheels,subtle hood vents, and the door handles.

I like (among other things) the shape of the taillights. Perhaps just a minor detail, but ugly taillights can ruin the look of a car from the back.

Last edited:
TBH I just like the entire execution(less that infotainment screen) as it presents exactly where the next evolution needs to be - the car in person just has so much more presence than web photos... its exotic but not cartoonish which is what it really needs to be from Honda...

Back