Time belt & water pump change!??

I just bought my '92 NSX.
Could somebody tell me the regarding time belt & water pump:
  • offical service intervalls
  • by mile or
  • by years used wise?
Thanks

The timing belt/water pump interval for the early gen cars is 6 years or 90k miles whichever comes first - like a warranty. So if this hasn't been done, actually should already be on its second replacement belt, then it needs that service. I would consider very strongly the 60k service as well which should include many other things like all fluids. I would also consider replacing all the coolant hoses but short of all of them there are 4 primary hoses that should be changed. At this age I'd probably do all of them.

If there is anything you need to keep up with these are the biggies. The engine is aluminum and if any coolant hoses go, well, it could mean warpage to the heads - really not good and very expensive to fix. No need to take that risk as well as the timing belt - it is catastrophic if that belt fails as you may know.

That's about it and happy motoring. You should surely enjoy the car. How bout some pics? Love to see it. Good luck,

Tim
Atlanta, GA, USA

The timing belt/water pump interval for the early gen cars is 6 years or 90k miles whichever comes first - like a warranty. So if this hasn't been done, actually should already be on its second replacement belt, then it needs that service. I would consider very strongly the 60k service as well which should include many other things like all fluids. I would also consider replacing all the coolant hoses but short of all of them there are 4 primary hoses that should be changed. At this age I'd probably do all of them.

If there is anything you need to keep up with these are the biggies. The engine is aluminum and if any coolant hoses go, well, it could mean warpage to the heads - really not good and very expensive to fix. No need to take that risk as well as the timing belt - it is catastrophic if that belt fails as you may know.

That's about it and happy motoring. You should surely enjoy the car. How bout some pics? Love to see it. Good luck,

Tim
Atlanta, GA, USA

Thanks for the info.
Do You know any good place to buy the timing belt/water pump and all the hoses? The fluids I will handle as the car and I'm based in Hungary Europe!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Hi, not right off hand. There may be others on this site that do. I'm kind of new myself. I just don't know much about overseas Acura parts.

I would suggest you start another thread and ask that specific question. that would be the fastest way i've found to get a reply.

Good luck,
Tim

Here you go.
They seem to have the lowest price around. Not sure if they will ship internationally. I bought mine from them recently.

Back