Ticketmaster is a Joke

How do they get away with it? I went to purchase some $12 tickets for a show today and guess how much it was for 2 tickets after all the "fees" and "charges"??????

$99. For those that failed 3rd grade math thats $24 for the actual tickets and $75 in fees. Thats a 300% rate of fees. And this was to print tickets at HOME! More if I wanted them mailed to me.

Didn't Pearl Jam try to sue these guys way back when? Why can't there be some competition???

How do they get away with it? I went to purchase some $12 tickets for a show today and guess how much it was for 2 tickets after all the "fees" and "charges"??????

$99. For those that failed 3rd grade math thats $24 for the actual tickets and $75 in fees. Thats a 300% rate of fees. And this was to print tickets at HOME! More if I wanted them mailed to me.

Didn't Pearl Jam try to sue these guys way back when? Why can't there be some competition???

Can you post the breakdown of fees? I use them when I have to and the fees are ridiculous but I've never run into fees of that magnitude. Usually it seems to be $8-10 per ticket for the larger shows. Here's the most recent pair I purchased (a local act at a small club) which I believe were $12 each face value. Unfortunately because of the date, the order details are no longer available on their website (and they didn't email them to me).

You purchased 2 tickets to:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Only Living Witness, Motherboar
Middle East, Cambridge, MA
Sat, Jun 14, 2008 08:00 PM

Seat location: section GA
Total Charge: US $ 31.55

Last edited:
If people stopped using their service, they'd either reform or go away. But they've been doing this at least since I was in college, and that was decades ago, so don't expect any change soon.

If people stopped using their service, they'd either reform or go away.

That means stopping going to just about ANY show in your town. I mean, I don't know of more than 1, maybe 2, places that don't use TM.

If people stopped using their service, they'd either reform or go away. But they've been doing this at least since I was in college, and that was decades ago, so don't expect any change soon.

+1

vote with your feet.

Mr. Burns: (chuckles) And to think, Smithers, you laughed when I bought TicketMaster. "Nobody's going to pay a 100% service charge."

Smithers: Well, it's a policy that ensures a healthy mix of the rich and the ignorant, sir.

And don't select the email method and print the tickets out if you need to re-sell them. I had an extra ticket for a concert and no one would buy it at the venue because the ticket was not a hard copy issued by TM. Everyone assumed that I had printed multiple copies and was trying to scam them.

On a more recent occasion, the YES concert was cancelled and TM didn't want to credit me the full amount that they charged and wanted to keep the service fee. I told them they could keep the entire fee and I'd just call my CC company and dispute it with them. I got the full amount refunded immediately. They are almost as bad as trying to buy something from Lithuania.

osugrad is right, if you want to go to a show, there really isn't much choice in most cases. even many of the venue box offices still require you to go through ticketmaster. I'm still waiting to see the fee breakdown though because I use ticketmaster a few times a year and have never encountered fees of that magnitude or even close to it.

That means stopping going to just about ANY show in your town. I mean, I don't know of more than 1, maybe 2, places that don't use TM.

I haven't been to a show that required Ticketmaster in probably 15 years. But then, I just go to local shows that don't have long lines and service charges.

I always buy tickets from the box office at the venue in order to avoid Ticketmaster raping. Of course this tends to be for smaller shows. For the big acts that sell out quickly you just have to bend over and take it:mad:

Please feel free to contact me in the future regarding your ticket purchases. There are no fees. You can reach me at: ticketscalpers.com:wink:

Other ticket companies follow ticketmasters rediculous lead. I've paid like $15 for UPS shipping of tickets via some ticketmaster similar site.

Plus they have pretty weak security/fairness internet software.I read that scalpers were able to buy hundreds of Hanna Montana tix at the opening bell and resold for over a thousand bucks.Some people logged on minutes after the tix were posted and they were all gone:rolleyes:

Re: TicketBastard is a Joke

Plus they have pretty weak security/fairness internet software.I read that scalpers were able to buy hundreds of Hanna Montana tix at the opening bell and resold for over a thousand bucks.Some people logged on minutes after the tix were posted and they were all gone:rolleyes:
Crazy, isn't it?

More...

I too go directly to the box office for tickets. The fees charged by re-sellers almost always doubles the price of the ticket if not more.

Just went to the Kenny Chesney concert here in Cincy.

Ticket face value was $38 per ticket. I bought (4) for a total of 204.00 including service/convenience/mail fees. About a 30% markup there. The concert was awesome, though.

Last edited:
I will never use ticketmaster again. Last year my wife and daughter begged me to get them tickets to Dancing with the Stars and so i tried buying them the exact second they went on sale and they were sold out in under 10 seconds? BS, they scalp their own tickets. I ended up paying $300 for a set off a scalper and my wife told me the seats stunk.:mad:

Back