thoughts on the new Chrysler 300C

What kinda Bimmer? If it's a bangle design... ;)

Actually, the side reminds me of the CTS, and doesn't look too bad IMO:

enlarge_5.jpg

but the front is too retro (IMO) and would get old real quick:

enlarge_2.jpg

I'm not a fan of cars with big flashy grilles, in general.

It's growing on me.
I for one like Chrysler and think they have the best styling out of the big three.

I for one actually like the styling of the (likely to be discontinued) 300M. It's weak point for me was the fwd underpowered V6, but other than that, I don't know why, but I just like the design.

The 300C seems to address the problems of the 300M with the addition of a Hemi and RWD. True the styling cues may be taken from a European design but I still like it and think its a good move for Chrysler. I believe there was to be a station wagon in the works too based on this platform.

I care for the 300c a great deal, and think it will make a great daily driver for a lot of people. however, for my money, if I had to buy a DCX product, I'd go for the new Magnum. Also the Charger is coming back, supposedly as a sedan (I'm thinking an Intrepid replacement). The Magnum will have an SRT-8 version w/in a year with a supercharged hemi motor and awd. To me, this sounds like a great "winter beater" ;)

I love the new 300C and I hate Chrysler because of the POS 02 Dodge truck they sold me. The new 300c looks very elegant, almost Bentley like. I bet it will be a huge seller. I went to the next town over dodge dealer, picked up a brochure and set up a test drive when the first one comes in. The local dodge dealer probably doesn't want my business after the truck incident. I probably will not buy the 300c but I am very excited to drive it. I wonder if the fit and finish will be close to Mercedes? Totally loaded with the Hemi 340 horse motor and Navi is 37K. I think my next vehicle replacement will be another BMW. BMW is just so right on target with me, much like the NSX.

For some reason I think "gangsta" right when I look at it. Has that sort of modern Dick Tracy appeal. I think it would be sick with some nice chrome wheels, or maybe some forged rims like HRE or Iforged. Drop it low, and you have a wicked cruiser.

Saw it in person at Frankfurt (plus saw the new wagon version). Most people - yours included - thought it was damn fugly. Talk about your "sucker-fish" grill too!

Big bloated american engineering with bad gas millage at its worst in my opinion.

The General is doing much better with the CTS, vette, and the new "Goat", etc. At least one american company is starting to get the message. Seems like Ford and Crysler are going back to the big fat "good ole days" of american manufacturing. At least the new Turbo Neon is doing well enough not to get canned (can't say the same about the Saleen Focus).

Too bad!

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like it. At least from the pics I have seen. In person, who knows. Many a car I've seen in photos looked great, only to cause me to nearly puke when I saw them in person. Gangster look? I don't see it. I'm prepared for flames here; I see some Bentley styling clues, which I categorize far from a gangster look (not picking on you Ravi ;)). Big bloated American engineering, perhaps. Instead I would offer "Big bloated American consumer preference," but I guess both can have the same meaning. Fuel mileage? - I drive a 7500lb behemoth every day, so anything else is an econobox to me. :D The thing looks to me like something that would be darn enjoyable on an extended highway trip, or jaunts around town. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Hrmm I sorta see what Gene is saying, but still--it's gangsta!

a6_3.JPG

enlarge_2.jpg

Back