Thoughts on the new 300M

Sig

Experienced Member
I have yet to drive one, but the new 300M is the fist American sedan that has visually appealed to me latley. From the outside, the front and side views have what appear as Bentley and Maybach styling cues. On the lower-end models the tail looks like the week point. However, on the the 340hp V8 model the different exhaust makes it look much better.

The V8 models with a good list of options are in the lower $30's and the V6 versions can be had for mid to upper-$20's. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

I'm sure you're talking about the 300 (no "M"). Before they hit the road, I liked the looks. Now that I have seen some, I'm not as keen on them. Haven't had a close look at the fit and finish, build quality or interior yet.

I agree KGP I loved it in pictures, after seeing the million that I have seen so far, I have become luke warm to it. They are selling the heck out of them. A lot for the $$$$'s , the ride and interior is very nice. They are supposed to have a AWD version come out this fall.
Overall I like it. (As long as it's the HEMI model)

The looks are great.

I believe they are also comming out with an even more powerful version than the Hemi powered ones. Going to be labeld as an SRT-8... I have seen some spy photos that were snapped around the detroit area.:cool:

Sig said:
Damn you people! :)

At least you knew what I was talking about. Let me try again....

What do you guys think about the new 300C, for an American car I really like their styling.

OHHHH the 300 C

I like it. Too bad there will be as many on the road as there are caravans.
I drove a 300 C when they first came out. Good amount of power but lacking in the inspiring category. Big bulky American car feel IMO.

....Chrysler has been making the 300 M for a few years. It is the car that looks like the Intrepid/LHS/Concorde but cost 10k more, for what I have no clue.:rolleyes:

Can you say Gangster!

Take a close look at one going by next time.
It kind of looks like a gangsters car from the 30's the way the doors are so high with the little glass area. Some nice ones around here with tint.
I think Silver is one of the best colors for this car. I saw a black with full tint and to me it looked terrible.
I sat in one at the car show here and thought it was very similiar seating and feel as my 1998 Concorde LXI, which by the way is in the garage up on blocks since I got my NSX!
Trev - aka Al Capone
But then again take a look at this one I saw this week at the Golden Nugget in Vegas, Thats no Dodge and it ain't got a Hemi!
The rims where like 24" or so!!!

Last edited:
My ex-girlfriends sister just got one.
Nice to look at.. stylish but not over the top (like the Cadillac's art and science of late). Kinda felt like you're sitting in a bathtub from the inside though. Beltline is too high and huge blind spots. Definitely doesn't have the nice open Honda view I'm accustomed to. My parents had about 4 generations of Chryslers and all but one were crap so I would never consider one. JMHO.

Different strokes for different folks...

Re: Can you say Gangster!

But then again take a look at this one I saw this week at the Golden Nugget in Vegas, Thats no Dodge and it ain't got a Hemi!
The rims where like 24" or so!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Good thing that I'm not the only one thinking they looked like each other...

I believed somewhere between the executives and designers of the Daimler Crysler would say, "Hey, you know now VW got Bentley and BMW got Rolls Royes...., lets make their money maker look cheap... Call Crysler and tell them we are going to make a car look just like the rolls... and priced them a 20-40k car and flooded the streets, oh don't forget making them ended up at Rental car business too.."

There have been several comments about the car being destined for the rental market. Ironically, I just landed in Missoula, MT about 2 hours ago for a 3 day business trip. On the way out of the airport I noticed a brand new 300 in the lot of Budget Rental Cars.

Guess destiny came sooner rather than later.

The low end versions take all the appeal away from this car - they are absolutely blah and rentalish (?). I hate seeing a cheapo version of any decent car that makes them all seem low-rent.

Sig said:
There have been several comments about the car being destined for the rental market. Ironically, I just landed in Missoula, MT about 2 hours ago for a 3 day business trip. On the way out of the airport I noticed a brand new 300 in the lot of Budget Rental Cars.

Guess destiny came sooner rather than later.

I just rented one this last weekend in Vegas. It's in the luxury category, but it was the base version with no leather and no hemi. Good car for the money. They had tons of them at the rental lot.

All American cars become rentals. It's how they keep their sales up :p

Anyway, I think the 300 is cool but only in certain colours. I'm liking the magnum wagon though

I like the 300... but I have mixed thoughts about how much they stole lines from Bentley/Rolls. I'll bet there were some very angry designers when they saw the 300 pics!

I just saw 2 of them in the work parking lot. Black one and Off-white one. The latter looked much better, IMO.

0414200410541132.jpg

0414200410541171.jpg

0414200410541192.jpg

Hmmm....
2003_fms_300ctouring_1.jpg

2003_fms_300ctouring_2.jpg

Back