Thoughts on salvage NSX

Ive been Looking at buying a 92 Black on black NSX 48k miles. the car is perfect in every way except has a salvage title i saw the damage on this car when a freind of the family bought it. it was rear ended the extent of the damge was needed lr fender trunk and wing and rear lights thats it! i saw the car in person with the damage it was nothing. ive taken the car to an acura dealer to check it over for sign of an accident and they said they coudnt find any! The car looks and drives like nothing ever happened. It has 17/18 blitz s-03 on it with Brand new Bridgestone potenzas. thay look awesome on the car. everything works and its a 5spd and not in snapring. i can buy this car for 23k. What are your thoughts? i currently on a C5 i love the vette but would like something more exclusive but i know i will miss the power. I plan on keeping the car if i buy it for a couple years.so a supercharger is definatly an option at the price
thanks!:D

I don't have a problem with salvaged title cars given that they were fixed properly and the owner willing to let it goes for a good deal, which is usually the case. I had a NSX before (my 1st one) that was involved in a minor accident. Bought it, loved it!

When you said the Corvette is more powerful, you must be talking about a modified C5 or a stock ZO6. Stock C5, I 've never had any problems with.

I dont see how any stock NSX can out run a vette i have a lightly modified vette making 342rwhp Corrected! when i get an nsx i am going to supercharge it then i can out run vettes then the car would be perfect fast and exotic:D

Stock-to-stock, yes the NSX will out-run a stock Vette, (check the video gallery. All magazines tests had the 97 and up NSX evenly matched or a .1 sec faster than a stock Vette. i have a 92 NSX. All I did was lighten it up, put in an intake and I don't have a problem with the stock C5. Modified C5, on the other hand is a different story; they are faster than ZO6, and stock ZO6 will beat me.

I give credit where it is due. Check out the video gallery section, you will learn a lot more interesting things about the NSX.

Buying a salvage title from someone you know, and the damage was fixed properly and the price is a deal is a great idea, IF you plan on keeping it for a long time. The issue you will face is selling the car to the next person. The next person will probably not know you or the damage that was caused in the accident, hence they will be very reluctant to purchase the car from you. I have seen salvage title cars for sale for a long time on various sites. I sometimes wonder if they ever sell or if they just give the car away after awhile. An NSX is generally not a car that you buy and sell quickly, there is a select audience that purchases NSX's. Just look at how many people mistake the car for other models.

Back