Thoughts on PA Acura dealership

I just had my first experience of Ardmore Acura near Philly & wanted to share my thoughts / see if any other PA-based NSX owners had a favorite service centre.

I had a clutch problem - turned out to be the clutch slave cylinder (many thanks to those who helped with my other thread in DIY on this subject!). I booked it in at Piazza Acura in Ardmore.

The good: They promptly called me with a quote ($350) which they kept to. They estimated the car one day, did the work the next and it was ready for pick up within 48 hrs of drop off. And importantly they are convenient to me - only 20 min drive.

The not so good: The service desk guy I originally spoke to told me that the initial diagnosis charge of $100 would come off any work I did there. The service manager told me this was a mistake, and I needed to pay the diagnostic charge on top of the work.

The worse: They put a minor (but totally unnecessary) scratch on the front. But their detail guy promptly fixed it.

So I'm not overwhelmed - it was the scratch that got me - why is it so hard to service a car and not scratch it?! It just doesn't inspire confidence .

If anyone else has either horror stories or - even better! - happy stories of where to get your NSX serviced in this neck of the woods, I'd be happy to hear them

I second Davis Acura as a Nsx friendly dealer and I live over an hour away from them. On top of that they have always given me a loaner vehicle with my service and there prices are also better then other dealers. They installed my clutch some years ago $400 cheaper then any other dealer in my area. Bernie is top notch and will treat your car like his own and other then him I would only trust my car to Larry B.

You might also try Piazza Acura. When I was living in Philadelphia back in the 90's, I found they had the best quality of service within an hour's drive of the city.

I was happiest with the quality of service from Jim Schenstrom at Piazza, then with Bernie from Davis, and Ardmore sucked. I think Jim left Piazza Acura in the meantime, but maybe they have a good replacement.

If I lived in Philly, the only two people I would trust to work on my NSX are Larry Bastanza (if I didn't mind driving up to his place just over the NY-NJ border) and Bernie at Davis Acura (for the convenience of a closer location).

If I lived in Philly, the only two people I would trust to work on my NSX are Larry Bastanza (if I didn't mind driving up to his place just over the NY-NJ border) and Bernie at Davis Acura (for the convenience of a closer location).

Ouch, we cant work on NSX's here? My NSX tech has been with Acura since 1995 and was trained at the factory trained. I use Larry B for some tricky or aftermarket stuff myself, but we happen to be pretty good for routine maint. and give the VIP treatment. I leave the cars inside overnight, they are cleaned before p/up and you get a nice discount.:wink:

Ouch, we cant work on NSX's here?
Sorry, Mike! I haven't met your tech, and I've met Bernie and Larry. I'm sure your folks do good work too, with you there to keep an eye on them! :biggrin:

Geographically, the three places are spread out, in three different states; Davis is in Langhorne, northeast of Philly towards Trenton; Bridgewater Acura is in Central Jersey, near where 287 crosses 78; and Larry is near where 287 hits the New York Thruway.

Back