Those Porsches sure do have a lot of profit!

That's what happens when you make a product worth buying and don't devalue your product by offering 0% financing and rebates.

the American cars would be higher if they weren't paying union associated costs so i'm not surprised

this is what happens when you DON'T keep updating the cars much; a little R&D here and there, keep the body design the same for your entire line... add some marketing spin, BHAM... easy money. :D

this is what happens when you DON'T keep updating the cars much; a little R&D here and there, keep the body design the same for ever

Porsche911TurboCoupe_1980.jpg
911_Carrera_2_Coupe_1990.jpg
9112dr-carrera.jpg

BTW, its a good organic shape. But some of the other off chutes they have done I thought looked really good. Like the 914...I think thats a cool looking car.

I think you all are forgetting that Porsche options you to death! The base price includes seats and a steering wheel ,but not much else. I mean when you charge someone $200 bucks for painted wheel caps!!!!!!!!

the German cars would also be higher if they weren't paying union associated costs :rolleyes:

The amount of profit lost per car and overall due to union associated costs for German companies are NOTHING compared to the profit lost per car and overall due to union associated costs for American companies :rolleyes:

Comparatively, luxury and sports car maker BMW makes about $3,200 per car. Audi nets a less impressive $1,580, and Chrysler and Volkswagen earn just $900 and $400, respectively.

Uh... Wow... :eek:

The projected net profit margin of any corporation, especially of that size, should be around 12%.....so if you base it on the sale of one car it sounds like they have hired good management:smile:

Last edited:
thats what happens when people pay $80K+ for Volkswagens:biggrin:

When I buy a Cayman I'm going to low ball them by $27K and they'll still make money off me:redface:

thats what happens when people pay $80K+ for Volkswagens:biggrin:

VW's? Ha. They might be cousin's but trust me, there's nothing VW about a Porsche, other than the nation of origin. :tongue:

Not to mention that all they did was take Porshce's earnings and divide it by the number of cars they produced. I'd bet they make money from other sources besides manufacturing cars. Hell, Ferrari's earnings from branded sportswear probably beats what they make on the cars, Porsche is more than likely no different.

Good point. Today I was looking at a Porsche designed external hard drive! WTF???

Look a little harder next time.

From the Porsche annual report:

"Apart from the rise linked to the operating business, this extraordinarily large increase (sic in earnings) is attributable to share price hedges in connection with the purchase of a further
3.9 percent in Volkswagen AG."

I don't think it's money they made from making the 911.

Last edited:
Back