This price can't be right?

Another way you can confirm that it's a scam is, tell them you want to come by and take a look at it. If they refuse, it's a scam.

Or the car is a rebuilt or really beat down. Then the price might make sense!

This is the message I got after emailing the "seller" about the car:

Hi,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my car:1992 Acura NSX.The car is still available,I sell it at this price because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car,the problem is that I had to move in United States to start a new life here. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 108,080 km, is always garaged and rarely used, is registered in Canada and it has clear title.From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay Motors Shipping Company services so both of us can be protected.The final price that I want for this car is $10,200 CAD( including shipping and handling).
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!
Thank you
Amanda Larson
[email protected]

Check out the broken English... most of the scams are similar when it comes to English.

I'm sure it's a scam... they will want some money up front... I have quite a few stories from when I was seaching... the most eleborate even had a fake shippers web page... one thing they forgot was that none of the links from the main home page went anywhere.

They get the money after you get the PPI and test drive :cool:

It takes a few days for scammers to get found out on Autotrader. It's a little faster on ebay. It is definitley a total scam. Once you get the hang of how they operate you can spot em a mile away! This is total BS. I just wish we had public caning for dudes/dudettes like this AND we could catch em!

LOL!!! It's so funny that people try this stuff. I once saw an SC430 on AutoTrader for $2900. I thought for sure the seller left out a "0" so I emailed him. Sure enough: he's overseas due to a divorce and even though the car is in Portland, when I asked to schedule a meeting with his agent to look at the car, he declined.

I told him: "I have cash in hand. I will buy the car right now in person from anyone you designate." He wouldn't go for it.

What was that thread where RSO34 (I think) pwned a scammer from Nigeria? It was a blast to read.

One of the greatest threads in the history of Prime. :D

Anyone that has not read this thread is missing out on one of the truly great threads ever on any list serve anywhere! RSO should be immortalized just for that one thing - then there was the Larry B roast - man he's just the king of comedy and satire around here on Prime! Also an NSXCA officianado - btw - join the NSXCA if you haven't already! Good to support the club and while I'm mentioning that - anyone that is simply a registered user on Prime should upgrade and donate to those that keep our website up to date and there for our use! Join up and be a man! AND be counted! You see the new stuff happening on our site right now - well someone has to do that!

Anyone that has not read this thread is missing out on one of the truly great threads ever on any list serve anywhere! RSO should be immortalized just for that one thing - then there was the Larry B roast - man he's just the king of comedy and satire around here on Prime! Also an NSXCA officianado - btw - join the NSXCA if you haven't already! Good to support the club and while I'm mentioning that - anyone that is simply a registered user on Prime should upgrade and donate to those that keep our website up to date and there for our use! Join up and be a man! AND be counted! You see the new stuff happening on our site right now - well someone has to do that!

Can someone send me the link for this EPIC Article? if it is still around...

I read that entire dialogue. Mind blowing and flawlessly executed.

Hi,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my car:1992 Acura NSX.The car is still available,I sell it at this price because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car,the problem is that I had to move in United States to start a new life here. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 108,080 km, is always garaged and rarely used, is registered in Canada and it has clear title.From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay Motors Shipping Company services so both of us can be protected.The final price that I want for this car is $10,200 CAD( including shipping and handling).
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon!
Thank you
Amanda Larson

That is word for word almost exactly the same scam e-mail I came across when I was trying to buy a 2003 Mini for $4000.

LOL

Back