This is why we all own a Honda ...

There are NO computer graphics or digital tricks in the film you are about to see.
Everything you see really happened in real time, exactly as you see it.
The film required 606 takes.
The film cost 6 million dollars and took three months to complete.
Iis fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history.
Oh. .. about those funky windshield wipers: On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have
water sensors and are designed to start functioning automatically as soon as they become wet.

http://multimedia.honda-eu.com/newcars/300k_player.swf

P.S. Some sharp-eyed folks claim that tires rolling UPHILL necessarily require computer-generated effects.
Not so. The sequence where the tires roll up a slope looks particularly impressive but is very simple.
There is a weight [in each] tire and when the tire is knocked, the weight is displaced and in an attempt
to rebalance itself, the tire rolls up the slope.

nice

Attachments

• dudedupe.gif
    dudedupe.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 365
Yeah.....thats movie is like 1 year old or so....but its still nice.

tires rolling up hill.....oops never mind, the weights in the tires seems to make sense. but damn that was weird!!

Can someone say what this part does (in a car, not in the commercial :smile: )
and maybe even explain why there are three gaps in the teeth along its periphery?

Just curious.

6825gear.jpg

Hah... I posted this on my website a few years back and didn't think much of it... Lo and behold I get a link one day from my father saying "check out this vid!"... he sent me a link to my own site!

I checked and sure enough, I was doing over 20gb of traffic per day being hot linked from all over the world.

good times. :)

My old link

waldorf said:
Hah... I posted this on my website a few years back and didn't think much of it... Lo and behold I get a link one day from my father saying "check out this vid!"... he sent me a link to my own site!

I checked and sure enough, I was doing over 20gb of traffic per day being hot linked from all over the world.

good times. :)

My old link

A snippet from my observations:

Also, in case you think you've seen something like this before, the ad is most definitely a nod to the filmmakers Peter Fischli and David Weiss. Their 1987 film, "The Way Things Go" is a 30-minute-long showing of a contraption they built out of household items. You can even watch a short clip here!

Back