This is for Mr.Takanobu Ito

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Dear Mr. Ito,
I need to have a private meeting with you to offer my consulting services. I fear that your company is on the wrong path and I believe I know how to circumvent this potential disaster. During my nearly two decade long career on Wall Street, I have consulted with Fortune 100 companies. As much as I'd love to tell you which ones, confidentiality agreements prevent me from doing so. My fee would be inconsequential compared to what I believe you will gain by following my advice. It is my passion for Honda's products that has prompted me to make this offer to you. Therefore should you decide to take the time to meet with me and dismiss my ideas, I will not accept a fee.

I'm not interested in dealing with any of your subordinates. When I have something important to say, I find it best to say it to the person in charge of an organization. I know this is a bold request Mr. Ito so I will leave you with "Audentes Fortuna Juvat".

Respectfully yours,
Hugh Blue Signature 500x227.gif

Hugh: This would have been much more impressive! [Courtesy of Google translate] :cool:

親愛なる伊藤、
私は私のコンサルティングサービスを提供するあなたとのプライベートなミーティングを持っている必要があります。私は、あなたの会社は間違ったパス上にあることを恐れて、私はこの潜在的な災害を回避する方法を知っていると信じています。ウォール街での私のほぼ2年間の長いキャリアの間に、私はフォーチュン100企業と相談した。私はものは、機密保持契約がそうから私を妨げるものを教えてみたいと同じくらい。私の手数料は、私はあなたが私のアドバイスに従うことによって得ることができます信じるものに比べて取るに足らないだろう。それはあなたにこの申し出をするために私を求めているホンダの製品のための私の情熱です。そこであなたは私のアイデアを私と一緒に会い、却下する時間を取るために決定する必要があり、私は手数料を受け付けません。

私はあなたの部下のいずれかに対処する上で興味がありません。私が言うべき重要な何かを持っているとき、私はそれが最高の組織の責任者にそれを言うために見つける。私は、これは伊藤さんがそう、私は「 AudentesフォルトゥナJuvat "であなたを残して大胆な要求であることを知っている。

Last edited:
Hugh: This would have been much more impressive! [Courtesy of Google translate]

Thank you Irv but I don't think so. Did you try translating that back to English? It reads like the owner's manual from something you bought from As Seen On TV. I'm sure Mr. Ito's language skills will suffice.

Thank you Irv but I don't think so. Did you try translating that back to English? It reads like the owner's manual from something you bought from As Seen On TV. I'm sure Mr. Ito's language skills will suffice.

Yep, agree 100%. Relying on Google translate is not a good idea at all, it murks the contents as well as the tone of the message as well as ignoring cultural customs and practices.

A very simple example, getting someone's last name in Kanji wrong is a no-no in the Japanese culture. Mr. Ito's last name is not written as: 伊藤, it is: 伊東.

Anyways, guess some folks are not used to working across multiple cultures/languages.

you'd make yourself a fool using google translate for actual or real translation for purposes of business. This is especially true in its japan<>english version. its been on beta at best.

Back