This a good price for this NSX?

My buddy just bought a 95-T with 40xxx miles in great shape for 35K...Keep looking.

Blue Batmobile said:
95 with Targa top. Completely stock with some aftermarker wheels, which I will be replacing anyway. The car has 63,000 miles on it. Car is in great shape. He's asking 40k for it.

Bat™

Post some more details....this sounds an awful lot like the NSX I sold that the new owner had on Ebay earlier this year - color, pics, location, anything - and maybe I could help.

It seems KBB has raised their NSX prices?
Sure seems like it anyway?
When I was checking back a few months ago
it sure seemed lower?

Edit: KBB is still hosed up. But it seems only 95-96 is closer based on actual sales I have seen here on the forum?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53295&highlight=1995

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57579&highlight=1995

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53069&highlight=1995

Ran all these cars with 60k mi., in excellent cond. (Private party value)

91= $23,425
92= $26,225
93= $28,505
94= $30,780
95= $36,410
96= $39,085
97= $41,815

Last edited:
If I could find a nice low miles 95-t for 35-36k, I would buy it in hartbeat! it took me 4 months to find a nice 92 for 26k...KBB means nothing for collector cars that have a small market and few units avalible.

Blue Batmobile said:
The guy is the origional owner, here in San Diego.

Bat™

Bat, I think it being the original owner adds some value. The mileage is decent, shows that he drives it and I personally like cars that are driven instead of sitting around. Some people spend over 30k for 91s with low mileage but aren't in the best of shape. I own and have seen high mileage cars that were driven in good weather and didn't see too much sun and they are in fantastic shape. Try to stay away from the cars that are sunbathers because every part of the car takes a beating from that stupid bright thing in the sky.

At that mileage you have to be wary of clutch and timing belt/water pump. If that car has been driven in favorable conditions, garage kept, maintained well, and is in great shape, $40k for it is not too much to ask. You might be able to use KBB and knock him down a bit on the price. But if you do pay full asking price and you think it's worth it, then go for it. You'll love the targa living in SD!

I got a 95-t for 22K with 35K miles. It needed, and still needs some TCL, but for the price I can give lots of TLC. On tope of the TLC it needs there are other issues that most people would not want to deal with, but I am loving this thing :)

I got a 95 with 25,800 mi, all stock, one owner,excellent condition.(knocking on wood) AC works great, radio is great, perfect paint,no issues, great car. Searched for this perfect car leisurely for 1 year, $37,000. Patience is a Virtue.

Malibu Rapper said:
Bat, I think it being the original owner adds some value. The mileage is decent, shows that he drives it and I personally like cars that are driven instead of sitting around. Some people spend over 30k for 91s with low mileage but aren't in the best of shape. I own and have seen high mileage cars that were driven in good weather and didn't see too much sun and they are in fantastic shape. Try to stay away from the cars that are sunbathers because every part of the car takes a beating from that stupid bright thing in the sky.

At that mileage you have to be wary of clutch and timing belt/water pump. If that car has been driven in favorable conditions, garage kept, maintained well, and is in great shape, $40k for it is not too much to ask. You might be able to use KBB and knock him down a bit on the price. But if you do pay full asking price and you think it's worth it, then go for it. You'll love the targa living in SD!

He's got all the paperwork on the car. he had the clutch replaced at 40k.

Bat™

53heloFE said:
I got a 95-t for 22K with 35K miles. It needed, and still needs some TCL, but for the price I can give lots of TLC. On tope of the TLC it needs there are other issues that most people would not want to deal with, but I am loving this thing :)

What does it need that most people would not want to deal with?

"KBB means nothing for collector cars that have a small market and few units avalible."

I heard and thought the same thing when I asked this question a few months ago. But lately KBB's 95= $36,410, 96= $39,085, 97= $41,815
does not seem all that far out. 91-94 KBB prices seem unrealistic as to what I see selling, but it seems you cant make a blanket statement about every year NSX...............

zahntech said:
What does it need that most people would not want to deal with?

It had been running very poor, check out the DIY area for threads about me trying to get it running right. It is almost there but still not perfect. It needs a new clutch, a headlight motor, the a/c doesn't work, instrument lights did not work, srs light is on, misc. interior trim parts need to be replaced, and I am pretty sure it has been in some sort of an accident. I can fix all of that, with some time. The biggest thing, and someone pointed it out here once, it has been reVIN'ed by NY, it was a theft recovery a couple of years ago. I have no idea why they did not just apply for a new VIN tag from Acura and keep the original. I plan on trying to get that taken care of after I get all the title, registration done, and I move back to FLA in a few months.

Most people would not want to deal with all of these things, but I kind of enjoy giving her some TLC and bringing her back to a respectable status. I love this car and am quite happy with my purchase, and I got it at such a great deal that even if I end up putting 8K into her I am still in the green :biggrin:

my kind of project :biggrin:

53heloFE said:
It had been running very poor, check out the DIY area for threads about me trying to get it running right. It is almost there but still not perfect. It needs a new clutch, a headlight motor, the a/c doesn't work, instrument lights did not work, srs light is on, misc. interior trim parts need to be replaced, and I am pretty sure it has been in some sort of an accident. I can fix all of that, with some time. The biggest thing, and someone pointed it out here once, it has been reVIN'ed by NY, it was a theft recovery a couple of years ago. I have no idea why they did not just apply for a new VIN tag from Acura and keep the original. I plan on trying to get that taken care of after I get all the title, registration done, and I move back to FLA in a few months.

Most people would not want to deal with all of these things, but I kind of enjoy giving her some TLC and bringing her back to a respectable status. I love this car and am quite happy with my purchase, and I got it at such a great deal that even if I end up putting 8K into her I am still in the green :biggrin:

yeah 22k is dirt cheep....SRS repairs can get very very expensive...in most states they wont pass inspection after theft recovery if SRS lamp is on......happy fixing!

Back