Third Annual NSX Prime "Bikes For Kids" Collection (Ends 11/29/05)

Announcing the Third Annual NSX Prime Bikes For Kids Collection

After the success of our <b><a href="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43758">2004</b></a> and <b><a href="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26948">2003</b></a> collections, we're doing it again! In 2003 thanks to the generosity of the members here, we collected well over $3000 on very short notice and bought 42 bicycles for underprivileged children of all ages. Last year members donated even more, a whopping $5,300! This is really amazing for such a small online community.

After a bit of stress trying to coordinate the donation with Toys For Tots late in December last year, I spent some time over the summer talking with Bill Grein, VP of the <b><a href="http://www.toysfortots.org/">US Marine Toys For Tots</a></b> program, about ways we could do it better. Here is what we came up with: This year I will be sending the funds collected directly to the national Toys For Tots headquarters. They will work with one of their supplies to directly purchase and distribute bicycles on a national scale. This means we are not paying transportation feels, all the money will go towards bicycles, and the bicycles will be distributed to kids across the US instead of just in one area.

Here is some information about Toys For Tots:
U.S. MARINE CORPS RESERVE TOYS FOR TOTS PROGRAM

MISSION: The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.

GOAL: The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a shiny new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to needy youngsters that will motivate them to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders.

OBJECTIVES: The objectives of Toys for Tots are to help needy children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; to play an active role in the development of one of our nation's most valuable natural resources - our children; to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; and to contribute to better communities in the future.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We need to start a little earlier to make this new national distribution program work. I would like to collect as much as possible by the night of <b>Tuesday, November 29</b> so I can overnight a cashiers check on November 30.

To contribute to the group fund, PayPal to [email protected] and please be sure to enter "Bikes For Kids" on the PayPal form so I can keep it seperate from other traffic in my PayPal account. I'll also take checks - PM me for my mailing address. If you are interested in selling or auctioning something and contributing the proceeds to the fund, feel free to list it on eBay (or whatever) and post a link here.

I realize many people have already donated large amounts of money to charity since this time last year after all the terrible natural disasters (tsunami, hurricanes, etc.). Some people also prefer to keep their charity local. I do not want anyone to feel pressured on this - I hate pressure on charitable donations. I'm not sure we will be looking at another new record amount this year, but it sure would be nice if we could do a little something for these kids.

I'd also like to get some feedback on another option for the future. I've learned a lot doing this the last couple years and I believe we have improved the process each time. Another option we have for the future is attractive, but it also has a challenge. If we were able to donate the money by mid-October the Toys For Tots program could get more for the money with discouts of about $5 to $25 per bicycle. The obvious down-side is that we would either need to collect money way before the traditional "holiday charity" season, or we would need to hold money over from one year to the next (at the direction of the contributor, of course!). But I sure like the idea of getting more for the money. Let me know what you think.

I will keep a running tally of contributions below. If you prefer to remain anonymous (real name, user name, or both), please note that with your contribution.

THANK YOU!

List Of Contributions:
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tr> <td>#</td><td>Date</td><td>NSX Prime Name</td> <td>Real Name</td><td>via</td><td>Amount</td> <td>Note</td><tr><td>1</td><td>11/21/05</td> <td>MiamieNeSeX</td><td>Armando Colls</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>11/21/05</td> <td>ANYTIME</td><td>John Richards</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$250</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>11/21/05</td> <td>jalnjr</td><td>Jonathan Liegner</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$75</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>11/21/05</td> <td>WOODY</td><td>Glenn Woudenberg</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>11/21/05</td> <td>(anonymous)</td><td>(anonymous)</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>ID#7W057287XX157????</td></tr><tr><td>6</td><td>11/22/05</td> <td>Inexcess</td><td>Tom Pfarr</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>7</td><td>11/22/05</td> <td>m3456y</td><td>Mark Youngquist</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>8</td><td>11/22/05</td> <td>Tom239</td><td>Tom Ace</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$55.55</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>9</td><td>11/23/05</td> <td>2slow2speed</td><td>Ken Kuwabara</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$250</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>10</td><td>11/25/05</td> <td>Children of len3.8</td><td>Brianna and Alyssa Musgray</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$50</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>11</td><td>11/26/05</td> <td>MarkB</td><td>Mark Bartlett</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$500</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>12</td><td>11/26/05</td> <td>Octan3</td><td>Andrew Moffett</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$200</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>13</td><td>11/27/05</td> <td>Larry Bastanza</td><td>Larry Bastanza</td><td>Check</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>14</td><td>11/27/05</td> <td>CDX_NSX</td><td>Graeme Chia</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$50</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>15</td><td>11/27/05</td> <td>Racerxjling</td><td>Jeffrey Ling</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$20</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>16</td><td>11/28/05</td> <td>swbatte</td><td>Sean Batte</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$35</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>17</td><td>11/28/05</td> <td>KGP</td><td>Gene Krause</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>18</td><td>11/28/05</td> <td>SamBel</td><td>Sam Belinoski</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$100</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>19</td><td>11/29/05</td> <td>TonyD</td><td>Tony DeJoie</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$200</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>20</td><td>11/29/05</td> <td>NSXLOVER</td><td>Rob Hunt</td><td>PayPal</td> <td>$55</td><td>-</td></tr>
</table>

TOTAL COLLECTED: $2,540.55

Re: Third Annual NSX Prime "Bikes For Kids" Collection

Brianna and Alyssa Musgray, Would like to give a bike as a gift...
$50 to be Paypaled in the next few Hours..
Good Job Lud...

dr feelgood

pal'd [no chimney required] !!

wishing all a vibrant holiday season !!!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Attachments

• DSC06362.JPG
    DSC06362.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Last day! I'll take contributions through the end of Tuesday the 29th, then I'm overnighting a cashiers check to Toys For Tots. Thanks again for everyone's support! :smile:

3736tft2005.jpg

Back