Thinking of upgrading my NSX from 91'to 03'

I might have a good deal working see what some of you guys think?
I have a 91' black NSX with a 3.0 automatic w/ some extras like:
1. Aftermarket stereo with some nice little twiking incluiding: a nice sony Mp3 player, eq, and a sub with a amp under the glove compartment it looks clean and works great.
I modified a computer serial cable cover (for a PC) to fill the little space bellow where the factory stereo comes down. The silver panel also includes an aux RCA hook ups for a Ipod or the similar. The serial cable could hook to the computer for modifications and diagnostics (currently I have no serial cable to the computer)
2. Re-apostered (sp?) 2 tone grey(mid)/black (outside edges) seats with silk screen NSX logo in the upper thorasic support
TO TRADE FOR:
2003 Black NSX with targe top, 9000 miles, 3.2 6speed.
I get 25k- give 67k
Any thoughts?

DocSpringfield said:
I might have a good deal working see what some of you guys think?
I have a 91' black NSX with a 3.0 automatic w/ some extras like:
1. Aftermarket stereo with some nice little twiking incluiding: a nice sony Mp3 player, eq, and a sub with a amp under the glove compartment it looks clean and works great.
I modified a computer serial cable cover (for a PC) to fill the little space bellow where the factory stereo comes down. The silver panel also includes an aux RCA hook ups for a Ipod or the similar. The serial cable could hook to the computer for modifications and diagnostics (currently I have no serial cable to the computer)
2. Re-apostered (sp?) 2 tone grey(mid)/black (outside edges) seats with silk screen NSX logo in the upper thorasic support
TO TRADE FOR:
2003 Black NSX with targe top, 9000 miles, 3.2 6speed.
I get 25k- give 67k
Any thoughts?

Are you saying you need to put in an additional $42k on top of your car? If so, I think it is a fair deal assuming you like the 03. How many miles are on your 91?

I personally think the 03 6-speed will be a lot more fun to drive and probably cleaner considering its 12 year newer.

Make sure you drive the Targa top. Head room I beleive you will find is different. So driving room and track room could be an issue if track applies.

Sounds like a fair deal to me. Go for it! Step away from the auto. :biggrin:

NetViper said:
Sounds like a fair deal to me. Go for it! Step away from the auto. :biggrin:

I agree. Get the manual. You will not believe how much more balls it has than the auto.

67k seems fair for an 03.

DocSpringfield said:
Is the targe's head room less?

No, that is not true. I had the T before the coupe, and there was more headroom in the T. This was definitely noticeable when I wore a helmet at track events.

I think that you should push to get better price on your car, say $26-27k, or better price on the other car's price, say $64-65k.

TigerNSX said:
No, that is not true. I had the T before the coupe, and there was more headroom in the T. This was definitely noticeable when I wore a helmet at track events.

I think that you should push to get better price on your car, say $26-27k, or better price on the other car's price, say $64-65k.

I would disagree. No disrespect TigerNSX. I beleive the area under the permanent portion of the targa top is lower. Depending on seat position, this can be an issue. Even if you sit in front of it, unless the seat head cusion is in fonrt of it, a rear end collision could be very painful.

Back