Thinking of trading/selling my 2008 Acura TL Type S 6 SPEED

Hello. I have a 2008 Acura TL Type S 6 speed I'm thinking about selling or trading. Currently has 69,942 miles. Timing belt and water pump changed recently when installed new lighter pulley. Some mods, K & N intake, j pipe, engine torque damper, lighter pulley. Moroccan red. Car runs great and I like it had for almost 5 years. Recently I really been liking the new 2018 Subaru STI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi_FV_eFekI
Never bought a brand new car before but really thinking about it. What you guys think of the new Subaru STI as a possible replacement

TL is nice cruiser. Nose heavy and FWD which makes it weak in my eyes. What do you like in Sti? Not a hatch. New car depriciation. What's the argument?

why not a civic type R

I have always been a fan of the STI. Sporty fast, AWD. That wing I think is awesome. The idea of a new car sounds cool, car payments do not. Older STI were had much cheaper amenities. Newer one just caught my eye and I think its the best STI. I have always said buying a new car is stupid because you can get used soo much cheaper. With a cars like the STI, EVO, type R. You know that used they been pushed like crazy and being a 4 cylinder turbo yeah....... The only real complaint about my TLS is front wheel drive, heavy and bad turning radius. Like I said just thinking. I wanna test drive one for fun. 90% I will keep my TLS unless they treat me well for my TLS and get a good deal on the STI........I doubt it. Not a fan of the type R and if I sell my TLS I will never get another front wheel drive car again. Rear wheel feels soo much better.

It's funny timing because I've been playing with idea to get 06 sti. Always wanted one so totally get where you coming from. Even though you're looking at last gen.

Decided to keep my TLS. I went to the Subaru dealer. I was not even allowed to test drive unless we talked numbers. Car was nice but interior quality was not all that especially with the $42k price tag plus taxes and tags. My TLS is much more spacious and better interior. Didn't even wanna talk about trade in value. Still wanna test drive one. Maybe in the future.......

If you do ever decide to sell that TLS I'd be interested in it. That's one car that I would love to have as a daily.

I love 3G TLs, having owned one. You might try the TLX A-Spec. If you like the TL-S, you'll like the A-Spec even though there's no manual version.

STi is a nice car, but I prefer the last two generations to the current one. I am particularly a fan of the hatchback....but I'm a wagon guy at baseline, so there's that.

Even if you stick to your 3G TL, you have a nice-looking, great-handling car and you can't go wrong with it, FWD or not.

Back