Thinking of selling

I have been thinking of selling my car and wanted to get some opinions.
First off I rarely drive the car and have some other things that I would like to do with the money that I have invested in the car. So this is my reason for thinking of selling.
The car is a 92 red/black with 40009 miles. The car has an extended warranty until 80k or 2005 that is fully transferable. I also have three sets of rims and tires for the car two factory sets and one after market set in 17-18inch. I have the factory car cover and all service records since I have owned the car. The window regulators, coolant hoses,the complete climate control, and many other parts have been replaced and documented. I have upgraded the brake system to vented rotors and porterfeild pads and fluid. The seat have no tears or rips the interior is in great shape. The car is started and let run for 1/2-1 hour every week but rarely driven. I love the car but just do not drive it enough to justify keeping it.
The bad points about the car are:
It is in snap ring range (but the warranty would cover it if it were a problem). The front has a few stone chips. Other than that it is in IMHO very good condition.
What does anyone think may be a selling price for such a car?
thanks in advance.

I always thought it was bad for the car to let it sit and idle. The cooling system does not function well when the car is not moving like sitting in traffic. On German cars, you will see the temp gauge goes up when the car is idling for a long period of time (+10 min).

However, I think the car is worth between $32k~$35k. Just my $0.02

my opinion is that it would be in the range of 28-30k only because of the snap ring issue. Even with the warranty, i would still be concerned that it might fail after the warranty expires.

You might want to try and sell the aftermarket wheels separate from the car. Almost always best to sell the car as close to stock as you can.

Good luck

The snap ring risk would never prevent me from buying a car if it was the right car, expecially if the car had a warranty. I don't see this affecting the price at all. Your average buyer who doesn't visit these boards has probably never even heard of the snap ring issue.

True I think the warranty negates the snap ring issue as well. I apperciate all the replys and look forward to more input from others.

While I can't speak for the upstate NY market, In San Diego, I just bought a '95 fully stock with 49K miles, one owner, well maintained, clean title, original paint, and everything working great, for $34.5K. There were 3 other '94-'95 cars I looked at with under 50K miles that the ASKING PRICES were below $40K.

I couldn't see paying in the $30Ks for a Snap-Ring Range '92, even with only 40K miles on it and your extended warranty. I'd say $28-29.5K, depending on the exact condition and the quality of that extended warranty. You might ASK over $30K, but you should be willing to take $29K if you really want to sell it.

You could probably get yourself over $30K TOTAL by selling the extra wheels separately.

I live very close to you and might be looking at NSX's in the near future. I would be hesitant to buy in the snap-ring range even with the warranty just for the plain fact of resale after the warranty is up. From what I have been looking at this is a high 20's car. I have not seen your car, but have seen some in excellent condition with similar miles for high 20's out of the snap-ring range. Economy is not helping, believe me, I am currently selling my 88 911 coupe.

Attachments

• porsche2.jpg
    porsche2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 302
Back