Thinking of buying an 93-96nsx

I was wondering if there would be anything major I would have to perform on the NSX that I could buy within the 93-96 range.

If I buy it I'll probably be putting about 6k on the car every year. I love to go crusing down PCH every weekend down here in southern cali.

I was trying to look up maintenance, reliablity, and high mileage but got some random threads coming up.

I noticed that people recommended having the water pump changed, timing belt at 7 year mark.

As for other things that could come up with a car this old.

Did anyone have problems with the master and slave cylinders? or any other thing that could come up as a surprise.

I'm preparing to put on the side about $2-3K/year just incase I run into a problem with the car.

Other than that its a honda and I have 3 in my stable lol.

04 TL, 01 CL, 99 Prelude

sunkist said:
I was wondering if there would be anything major I would have to perform on the NSX that I could buy within the 93-96 range.
Nothing other than the scheduled maintenance...

Incidentally, most folks look for either (a) a '93-94 (or '91-94), or (b) a '95-96 (or later) - because most folks either prefer the removable roof of the NSX-T that was introduced in '95 (and are willing to spend a little more to get one), or they prefer the fixed roof (and lower price) of the NSX Coupe.

sunkist said:
I noticed that people recommended having the water pump changed, timing belt at 7 year mark.
Honda recommends that it be changed every 90K miles or 6 years, for the '91-96 NSX. Use that as a basis in deciding when yours should be changed.

sunkist said:
Did anyone have problems with the master and slave cylinders? or any other thing that could come up as a surprise.
Those are not common. About the only major thing on a '93-96 that might be fairly common is that it might need a clutch, but that is true on any car.

sunkist said:
I'm preparing to put on the side about $2-3K/year just incase I run into a problem with the car.
Good idea.

Good luck.

Back