Thinking about pulling the triger??

Hi all newbie to the NSX although I have wanted one and have fowled ads for them ever since seeing one a slot cresol in Vegas 91-92 I live NW Chicago McHenry IL and for about a year or two I would see an Indigo Blue NSX that just took my breath away. I have not seen it in a while and am now ready to replace it. “Just what every small town needs”:rolleyes:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Bottom line I think I can tell a somewhat fair price by now but before pulling the trigger can I get a knee jerk reaction from you guys on this one. My thought is it’s a little high? However I must admit I know zero about coil overs or the wheels. Thanks in advance for any guidance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...0656231?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b7664067

Last edited:
I saw this, too. Knee jerk? All right.
73k miles ... a bit high for an '02, but OK.
5 owners already? Wow, poor car. Not necessarily a bad thing though, as long as all 5 appreciated the car.
It's in HI. Expect a larger-than-normal shipping bill.
Interior upgrades? I'm old-fashioned. To me it just looks like a lot of restoration work to put everything back like it should be.
Still, it sold for 45k (looks like it sold while I was typing this). I'd consider it at that price, but no more.

So, was it you who bought it?

Last edited:
Sorry about that I posted the wrong car. I thought I got it changed before anyone saw it. Car has 43K miles re check the link - Blue car in San Diego. 47995.00

2002 Acura NSX TARGA

This is the Dream Car of every person on the planet that loves sport cars. This car has had everything done the right way! All Receipts are available upon request!

FULLY UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM 10k

TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION

TOUCH SCREEN DVD and CD PLAYER

REAR BACK UP CAMERA

10" CUSTOM SUB WOOFER

1000 WATT AMP

CUSTOM 19"x 9.5 VOLK GT-V RACING WHEELS Titanium Gunmetal (Rear Wheels)

CUSTOM 18"x 7.5 VOLK GT-V RACING WHEELS Titanium Gunmetal (Front Wheels)

XENON LIGHTS

COIL OVERS

FULLY ADJUSTABLE Science of Speed- Spec JIC SUSPENSION System

CARBON FIBER REAR NSX-R WING

RPS Stage 1 Single Full Face Disc Clutch (PK01132-ST)

Last edited:
The wheels are very nice, even if you will not want to keep them they will be easy to sell. If you will be getting all the oem parts the wheels allone could make the car cheaper by $2k.

Coilovers are almost necessary if the car has 18/19 wheels. Try to get more info on the cluth, who installed it and why the oem clutch went bad so soon.

Post the VIN number.

Is this the same car? http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64354&highlight=JH4NA21602T000159

Its nice to hear that Chicago gaining one more NSX!

Last edited:
Yes same car VIN -JH4NA21602T000159
Working on cluth info, Seller did indicate the last two owners have been twice monthly sunny Sunday drivers with no track time. If that worth anything or you can even believe it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
Since you have this:

...............................................................................................
Posting for a friend, so please email him directly at [email protected]
VIN: JH4NA21602T000159
2002 NSX / Long beach blue/blue 6spd 1 of 13
32K Mi.
*Acura Care Warranty Until 8/09 or 75K mi.*
18/19 HP EVO'S (225/275 Toyo TRI Tires)
HR Springs
DownForce AIS W/Comptech Uni-Filter
Taitec GT Lightweight Exhaust
Asking $64.5K W/all mods
Contact number (972)722-9392
.................................................................................................

try contacting the previous owners and ask...

It will be nice having another NSX in the area. I am from Crystal Lake.

I think the LBBP you once saw now resides in Florida. The guy who owned it at the time would drive his up to Lake Geneva occasionally. He sold it early last year.

Last edited:

gee I kind of figured I would be the only one for miles! Are you moving soon?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Just kidding I would park next to you any day.:cool:<o:p></o:p>
Side note just got off the phone with State Farm an add on 330 for 6 months and 50 for 6 months storage. in line? I thought it would have been higher.<o:p></o:p>

In a round about way he is saying it's back to OEM

To answer your questions about the clutch he upgraded the clutch being that the clutches are dual plates he simply didn't like the way the car drove with the clutch. It made the car unable to be driven by his wife. I ended up doing the same on the one I owned. I upgraded to the COMPTECH CLUTCH and it was so hard I hated driving the car so I put my stock clutch back in the car just like he did.

gee I kind of figured I would be the only one for miles! Are you moving soon?<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Just kidding I would park next to you any day.:cool:<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Side note just got off the phone with State Farm an add on 330 for 6 months and 50 for 6 months storage. in line? I thought it would have been higher.<O:p></O:p>

That sounds about right. I know it cost me less to insure the NSX than it was the S2000. I am 53 with a pretty clean record.

You lost me +1 ??
Sorry, I'm just curious why people put a stiffer clutch in a stock car. OEM is perfectly suited for daily comuting without tiring the left leg. Thats just me though. I have nothing against RPS, {good stuff}. Welcome aboard BTW.:smile: She is a beauty.

Last edited:
I was told they did not know what they were getting into. The clutch was done at the same time as the suspension. then back to OEM a short time later.
Current owner has large disposable income combined with a dealer that saw an open check book and said how about a HP clutch with that?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Back