Thinking about getting one....

Hey guys!!! I am excited but I am not sure if I should do it. Its a 91 nsx, black on black. The car have 62k miles and is pretty minty looking. It looks like the previous owner got new wheels for it, and took off the factory box and added a K&N air filter. Tell me what you guys think and if its worth it?!
The price right now is $29,989
THANKS!

JH4NA1151MT002605-10670596_SM.jpg

JH4NA1151MT002605-10670598_SM.jpg

JH4NA1151MT002605-10670599_SM.jpg

JH4NA1151MT002605-10670601_SM.jpg

do-your-homework...

91 nsx, black on black... 62k miles...

Tell me what you guys think and if its worth it?!

The price right now is $29,989

Come on man, you've been here long enough to read/post. That means more than enough time to use the search, and more importantly- be acquainted w/ the Wiki/FAQ section.

But, as a reprise of the obvious, I'll offer some insight as to what you need to inquire about prior to making a fair offer...

- snap-ring (ie. is the transmission # in or out of the snap-ring range)

- clear/clean-title/history (ie. any accidents, collisions, and/or bodywork/paint-work, # previous owners & locations, tracked/F.I., etc')

- maint'/service history (ie. 4yr/60k & 6yr/90k services are the big ones & should've been done, inclusive of fluid-flushes / hose-replacements / valve-adjustments / new plugs & filters / timing-belt / water-pump / etc')

- basic electronic/electrical systems (ie. TCS & ABS lights, climate-control unit's fan-speed, blower-motor & 12v cig' lighter fuses, Bose-stereo speakers & sub-woofer amps, radio-antenna, window-regulators/'fix-it thingies', etc')

- general wear-&-tear/consumables (ie. clutch, brake-pads/discs, CV-boots, tires, seat-bolster, floor-mats/carpets, oil-seal/gasket leaks, trunk/hatch-struts, etc')

- Acura dealer service-center or trusted/experienced Independent-shop PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection)

- mods'/accessories/options

If I was planning to acquire a NSX, those are the things I would look into. It's not an unreasonable list, nor is it exhaustive. All these things can help determine what a fair offer would be.

Remember, there is no wrong NSX at it's correct price-point.

G/luck! :cool:

Last edited:
Like Osiris_x11 mentioned... It all depends on whether the car has the maintenence up to date. I would not touch a car without fully documented maintenence history. If this is the case, then its a fair price.

I paid $29.5k for my '91 3 years ago with 65k miles. So, I'd say that's a fair price for this area. Mine was a one-owner car and completely stock.

It's since cost me another $30-40k in mods...so be careful.
:wink:

Back