Thinking about buying this car with a checkered past jh4na1150mt001378

Re: Thinking about buying this car with a checkered past

Are those chromed TE37s? They look GREAT.

Both fender liners that you can see are separated and the rear bumper fitment is horrible. I'd have to see that car in person before I gave 10k.

That's Prime member SMOORE's old NSX, he could probably give you some unbiased info. He used to post here quite frequently and replaced that one w/ a newer NSX.

yup. lookin at the pic, those gauge overlays has got to go.

the interior seems to be painted in a weird color that doesn't match the rest of the car. the rear bumper is really out of allignment, and the fender liner is destroyed.

20K for this car is a maybe.

wow the bidding is up to 18k i thought its worth less than that being a 91, 98k miles, bad history, not original paint, chopped up interior, messed up front end, ugly wheels, no maintenance history and it needs work. Oh and I forgot to mention a salvage title. I think there is a demand for our cars boys!

Guys, Its hard to find an nsx period depending on your price range of course. I had searched for an nsx online everywhere and my budget was low so, it was hard for me to find a descent one. Your price range depends on it. I found two close to me but the price was really high for 91s. I got close to buying a salvage in Fla. but there is no way I can go look at it. Im across the pacific ocean , so my best bet was the western states. I just purchased mines a few weeks ago in california. It is well taken cared of and I am happy with the purchase. Its at matson right now getting ready to be shipped here to Hawaii. If its a " salvage" its a good daily driver car, if and only if it has been built back close to its stock condintion. Before purchase, you have to look at it from in and out. My brother bought a salvage s2000. It had low miles and it was built back to its stock condition. The s2000 was painted and fixed right and it didn't look like it had been in a wreck. It had treated my brother real well the whole 3 years he had it until he purchased an nsx last month. You have to go check it out and drive it. My brother still had a good resale on his s2000. The buyer sold his s2000 clean title and bought my brother's cheaper one.

Last edited:
I just touched base with the owner, seems his numbers are in the $30k range, given he has a wings west body kit and chrome wheels
dunno.gif

That car is soo overpriced lol.

Get a nice nsx-t for mid 30's with decent mileage and a clear title!

Except for Ceeya32 most people seem to be VERY ignorant. There is one thing giving an opinion but don't talk crap unless you know what your talking about:rolleyes:

Most people here who down salvaged cars I think speck on the safe side,. If you don’t know how to look at a car that has a salvage you at a lose. Some salvaged cars can be a real bargain and other are total trash. You have to know how to look at the frame & member’s, a-arms fitment etc, and many other areas to tell if the car is going to track well or handle correctly. It’s to bad that so many say a salvaged is a run don’t walk car it’s just not true for all salvaged cars. I have purchased many salvaged Porsches and BMW and all have aligned within spec and resold well Yes it will take longer to find the right buyer but you will. Bottom line is if you are not a guy that knows what to look at it is probably not for you but if you have someone that REALLY knows how to examine a salvaged car than maybe it’s a great opportunity.

Also I may add that some may say on the city street you may not be able to tell its handling but most of my cars see one or two days of track time I am a track rate and love to test drive any car on the track or at a AX.

My issue with the car is that it is not worth $30,000.00 - it is probably a good buy in the $24,500 - $26,000 range I bought my 1991 with a Wings West kit (that was put on properly) a set of phat rims / 19s on the back and 18s on the front with low profile tires / Tien suspension / water pump-timing belt and all seals replaced and a dvd/cd player / with 100,000 miles for $25,000.00 - and it is a sound and solid machine.

black.jpg

Dam:cool:

Back