Thinking about 92.. opinions please

Hey fellow Primers...

A buddy of mine, well, I consider him a buddy because he used to throw me the keys to his 92 NSX when he was in town and told me to have fun, just dont wreck it or drink and drive :biggrin:. Anyway, hes more a great friend of a buddy and a buddy of mine.. well,...anyway..

His tranny went out quite a few years ago, I want to say 4.5 years. I believe it was the famous snap ring. Anyway, I found out a few days ago it is still sitting in his garage untouched up north.:eek:

Although I havent seen him since I was last up north about 5 years ago, he knows how much I adore the NSX. I was thinking about making him an offer in a year or two if its still sitting around.

I know I would probably have a solid $7500 job to get it up and running. It also has the ugly 5 spoke chromes with gold exhaust tips.

Anyway, how much should I offer him, if I should even make the offer at all?

I figure if I could get it from him, trailer it down to where I live, it can sit in MY garage until I can get the means to put it on the road. :cool:

Of course, I dont even know if he would consider this or not, this plan is in the embryo stage.

Hey fellow Primers...

A buddy of mine, well, I consider him a buddy because he used to throw me the keys to his 92 NSX when he was in town and told me to have fun, just dont wreck it or drink and drive :biggrin:. Anyway, hes more a great friend of a buddy and a buddy of mine.. well,...anyway..

His tranny went out quite a few years ago, I want to say 4.5 years. I believe it was the famous snap ring. Anyway, I found out a few days ago it is still sitting in his garage untouched up north.:eek:

Although I havent seen him since I was last up north about 5 years ago, he knows how much I adore the NSX. I was thinking about making him an offer in a year or two if its still sitting around.

I know I would probably have a solid $7500 job to get it up and running. It also has the ugly 5 spoke chromes with gold exhaust tips.

Anyway, how much should I offer him, if I should even make the offer at all?

I figure if I could get it from him, trailer it down to where I live, it can sit in MY garage until I can get the means to put it on the road. :cool:

Of course, I dont even know if he would consider this or not, this plan is in the embryo stage.

If you are serious about it take the time to do a little research on what cars of similar year and mileage have sold for on Prime/Ebay/& asking prices on autotrader, etc. and then adjust accordingly based on part/labor costs invovled with fixing the known problems. Ignore the blue book/NADA values as they are mostly useless for this type of car.

Alternately, just ask the guy if he would consider selling, and if so, how much he would be willing to let it go for and then negotiate from there if you need to.

Yeah, believe me, I hawk over what they go for with the exception of eBay. I usually stick to prime, autotrader, and cars.com.

I have always told my wife that even if I become that middle aged man with the fixer upper in my garage, I will always want an NSX, much like some older cats do today with their old muscle cars of the 60's.

Back